CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Location:Mumbai : India Management Office, Birmingham : 1 Trinity Park : Bi
Position Type:Employee Regular
When LRQA has a gap/shortage in its internal skill set it needs to bring in an individual (or individuals) with a particular expertise to carry out work for customer on behalf of LRQA. The work will often be project-based for a particular duration (long or short) until a project is completed. The LRQA business model significantly relies on provision of services by subcontractor thus making subcontractor cost accounting critical.
The role has overall day-to-day operational ownership of LRQA subcontractor process and responsibility to monitor, update, report on and reconcile all subcontractor costs recorded on customer projects in line with LRQA’s key objectives. The role holder supports the GPO by controlling the entire lifecycle subcontractor cost accounting. Additionally, role holder will work with project managers, Service Delivery Support (SDS) team, Time Uploader team and subcontractors to ensure that the service is provided in line with LRQA’s Finance Strategies, Policies and Procedures. The role is also responsible for partnering with data and IT teams on process improvement and automation.
- Monitor, coordinate, and control subcontractor cost accounting. Ensure that costs cost is properly recorded on the subcontractor accounts.
- Work with Time Upload Team and SDS teams in order to ensure that time delivered is correctly reflected on Projects.
- Monitor subcontractor purchase orders to ensure Goods Receipt Notice (GRN) is posted correctly and make any necessary monthly manual adjustments to these accounts.
- Work with BOS IT team to ensure that proper integration between BOS and ByD is maintained and that disruptions to the business operations is minimized.
- Monitor the subcontractor cost rates in SAP ByD and coordinate actions with various stakeholders in order to ensure their accuracy. Review and systemize the existing process documentation, identify the gaps and further recommend necessary actions to improve overall project management.
- Work with fellow controllers and the Global Business Controller to ensure that a common process with common templates are followed.
- Take the lead on responding to audit queries in relation to P&L and Balance Sheet movements and balances. Ensuring the responses are clear and concise and reflect the risk to the reported results
- Support the GPO to build sustainable partnership relationships and provide guidance and advice to the Time Upload team, SDS team, cost centre managers and subcontractors to help them navigate improvements to service delivery, role standardization and efficiency.
- Any other support, including ad-hoc projects that the Global Controller/GPO requires.
Technical / Professional Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Finance related subject. Qualified accountant – CIMA, ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA or equivalent. Minimum 5 years experience operating in an international finance function, including Shard Service Center experience. Knowledge and/or experience of project accounting is highly desirable.
- Excellent MS Office skills and preferably working knowledge of SAP ByD
- Tenacious in understanding the root cause of any issues or degradation in service delivery. Ability to pick up systems quickly and able to drive improvements
- Analytical / diagnostic skills with ability to analyse large quantities of data, identify issues, propose and present actions.
- Strong planning, analysing, monitoring, reporting and risk identification and mitigation skills
- Good communication skills with ability to lead, influence, persuade
- Relevant additional qualifications in Finance/Business/Process domain. Fluent in English
Diversity and Inclusion at LRQA:
We are on a mission to be the place where we all want to work and we are passionate about embracing different perspectives because we understand the value this brings to our business, our clients and each other. We are all about creating a safer and more sustainable future and our inclusive culture is right at the heart of our business.
Together our employees make our communities better and we want you to be part of our diverse team!
LRQA is a leading global assurance provider. The integrity and expertise we bring to our partnership with clients support their journey to a safer, more secure and more sustainable future. ( Group entities ).