CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title MR Analyst
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
As a Senior Analyst for the RIS team, the resource should be an SME and take E2E ownership of the specific processes ( RIS Respective Asset Class VaR Production). This primarily involves co-ordinating with stakeholders, Validation, sign-off and control activities for Market Risk Activities. Assist with Risk Control measures ( CFW, RFE Default Node escalation , process improvement projects/ initiatives
What will you be doing?
- Being the Subject matter expert and take ownership to ensure timeliness / quality of VaR Production for Respective Asset Class ,
- Perform market data quality reviews and analysis
- Identify erroneous market data and appropriate sources for providing correct data
- Monitor, escalate any production gaps (Process & system issues) to the management team or IT.
- One of the key global points of contact for respective asset class,
- Be responsible for training of new joiners in Pune in the RIS VaR Respective Asset Class Team:
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place to ensure qualitative and timely delivery. Conduct sample checks to ensure control are functional.
- Build process documentation and strengthen controls so as to create a robust environment to ensure the function meets all external and internal operating standards
What We’re Looking For
- Post grad Degree with some quantitative subjects
- Candidate must have an analytical/quantitative bent of mind.
- Excellent team player with the ability to also work independently on mini-projects when required
- Exceptional analytical abilities including interpretation of large data sets is required
- Self-motivated, takes ownership of responsibilities assigned to him/her and working towards closure of issues
- Ability to deal with senior stake holders across different time zones ( RIS Mumbai support Risk Managers in Asia and EMEA )
- Good knowledge of Market Risk concepts and methodologies with an emphasis on Respective Asset Class Products
- Working knowledge of Market Data vendors (BBG, Reuters etc) is preferred
- Strong understanding of Market Risk IT application
- 2-3 yrs experience in Market Risk Reporting will be preffered
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Proficient in programming languages - Excel VBA, SQL, Phyton ( Need to have )
- Ability to take ownership of additional responsibilities including be the spoc from a RIS perspective in transitioning key projects , feed controls and process improvements.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.
You Must Meet The Following Eligibility Criteria
To apply, upload a copy of your updated resume on Taleo.