CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals.
It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, this position may be conveyed with New Consumer Health. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to the successful candidate by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and would be subject to any necessary consultation processes.
The Payroll Senior Analyst is responsible for ensuring all payrolls are delivered timely, accurately, and in compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements in the India cluster, which includes India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, and New Zealand. This role will maintain processes to support the preparation of payroll processing, including data collection, data validations, reviewing and approving payroll results, and supporting employee and manager inquiries. The Payroll Senior Analyst role will be responsible for supporting the Cluster Payroll Lead with the development and maintenance of payroll requirements, practices, and procedures for the country, as well as ensuring accurate and updated documentation of these requirements. This role will also support the Cluster Payroll Lead on interactions with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. HR, Finance, third party payroll provider, etc.)
The Payroll Senior Analyst role will report into the Cluster Payroll Lead for the India cluster, which also includes the following countries: India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, and New Zealand. This position will be responsible for a sub-set of country payrolls in the cluster.
- Processing of country payroll inputs using the country specific payroll vendor template(s) and ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all payroll cycles
- Manage payroll inputs related to base pay, disability and leaves, work schedule changes, new hires, employee movement, separations (final pay, severance), organization changes (e.g., M&A), job and pay changes, and one-time payment requests with third party payroll provider or in-house payroll processing team. Typically works on more complicated and/or sensitive transactions.
- May review and validate Payroll Analyst or Payroll Coordinator transactions
- Support Cluster Payroll Lead with collaboration across HR in-country and other functions to ensure all data is complete and received within payroll deadlines for processing
- Manage payroll calculation process with third-party payroll provider or in-house processing team
- Support the development of internal and external communications for specific payroll processes.
- Ensuring month-end, quarter-end, and year-end payroll returns are complete, accurate and submitted to Government agencies, in a timely manner.
- Responsible for annual payroll calendar, payroll elements, year-end updates and proactively communicate to HR/management/employees as appropriate.
- Make recommendations to Cluster Payroll Lead on payroll administration topics for countries in the cluster
- Liaison with payroll vendor (TPV) regarding upgrades/changes to payroll system when required.
- Execute, in accordance with globally established standards, processes for SOX compliance, internal controls, and required regulatory/statutory requirements (including payroll record data maintenance)
- Update and maintain payroll process and administration documentation
- Serve as the owner for audits (both internal and external)
- Coach and mentor payroll staff level resources in the cluster
- Support payroll projects and cross-functional projects with payroll dependency
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is required
- A minimum of 3-5 years of prior experience in payroll processing / payroll operations is required
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing in India is required (processes, regulations, vendor landscape, etc.)
- Prior Experience with payroll processes, procedures, controls, regulations, and compliance is preferred
- English language proficiency is required
- Hindi language proficiency is required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Attention to detail a must.
- A high degree of confidentiality, data protection assurance, conformity with J&J policies, procedures, external regulations, and agencies is required
- A sense of urgency in resolving customer requests and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and/or Experience with the ADP Celergo, ADP GlobalView, ADP eTime, Kronos, Salesforce Service Cloud, Workday is preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) desirable
- Strong research skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with internal stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes.
- Cultural awareness and an ability to work with a multitude of people across India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, and New Zealand
- Prior experience in a multi-national company, and/or experience in a Service Center Environment preferred
- Knowledge and/or Experience with Knowledge Management artifacts such as Desktop Procedures (DTPs) is preferred
- Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)