Accountant / Accounts Executive
Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CA - Qualified, CPA, ACCA
Financial Control Processes (50%)
• Provide expert reference for customers for areas of focus; providing expert help and guidance on a wide range of complex and difficult subjects. By application of their professional knowledge and experience, understand the potential impact of decisions on other areas and interpret requirements
• Act as a centre of excellence by providing in-depth, specialist knowledge and handling difficult issues that have been escalated.
• Investigates and resolves the more complex problems, issues and queries, liaising with customers, suppliers and other experts, as appropriate
• Ensuring all processes are completed within the relevant timescales and service levels are maintained
• Assist with ad-hoc projects and reporting requirements as they arise
• Opine on technical queries
• Helping in closure of books of accounts
• Assist in providing an informed view of allocated multiple SBU’s, i.e. explaining how individual business area trends are consolidated.
• Provide accurate and timely financial analysis on a wide range of complex technical/business issues in connection with jobholder’s area of responsibility, e.g. variances, trends, impact of change initiatives, impact of new accounting regulations and how to account for new areas/ types of business
Relationship & Stakeholder Management (20%)
• Manage and develop effective relationships with Business Units, other functions in wider finance
• Liaise with key stakeholders across the business units to identify common issues, opportunities for improvements and act as a central subject matter expert
• Communicate process changes and share knowledge required to successfully implement necessary changes
Advisory & Consultative (30%)
• Support business units providing expert help and guidance including accounting issues
• Ensure consistency of approach across the Business units
• Demonstrable thorough and up to date understanding of financial accountancy
• Accounting qualification– CA, CPA, ACA or ACCA
• The jobholder must have substantial directly relevant experience in a technical financial environment.
• Strong post qualification experience
• Background in Finance / Banking
• Internal candidates at BA4/AVP level in their current role for at least 1 year.
• Strong control awareness
• Enthusiastic, motivated, self-starter, pro-active and team player
• Good Accounting and IT System skills;
• Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communicator.
• Desire to provide top quality service to internal clients.
• Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues and manage through to a successful resolution
• Expected to take accountability/responsibility of deliverables
• Answerable to questions and able to substantiate data when required by client-facers
• Required to provide detailed analysis and information on complex queries/problems and communicate to stakeholders on proposed solutions and recommendations
• Minimal supervisory oversight and able to perform duties with minimal or no guidance
• Providing innovative judgement which can be contributed as part of the decision making process.