CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM
Accountant / Accounts Executive
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry.
Compass India has been expediting software engineering and development across the fields of Mobile Apps, Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotic Process Automation and Data analytics. The team has played an integral role in the launch of new features in the Compass platform for CRM, marketing, client service, 3D virtual tours, and more. We started the Compass India Development Center in 2019 and have tripled the size of our Product and Engineering teams and continue to grow.
Know your team:
We are looking for an exceptional Associate to join our Accounting Department. The primary focus of the position will be to assist in areas of the financial statement close process and own critical account reconciliations, primarily around our brokerage revenue activities in certain markets. Additional responsibilities include preparing ad-hoc analytical reports and assisting with business-critical special projects. The ideal candidate is someone who loves challenging opportunities, thrives in a dynamic environment, and can consistently meet deadlines.
At Compass You Will:
- Review revenue and expense recognition for brokerage transactions
- Communicate findings to management and drive improvements in transaction recording accuracy
- Reconcile and investigate outstanding accounts receivable balances
- Create and maintain revenue-related monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Serve as the primary contact for account discrepancies
- Become an integral part of the financial statement close process
- Evaluate accounting processes, internal controls, and reporting procedures for continuous improvement opportunities
- Assist in implementation of various projects within the accounting team
- Assist with monthly financial analysis and various ad-hoc reports
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors for audit and accounting-related requirements
- Other duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
What we look For:
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), a plus
- 1-3 years of relevant accounting experience
- Big 4 experience, preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite, a plus
- Basic knowledge of residential real estate, a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with cross-functional teams
- Excellent customer service and ability to work in a team environment
- Positive, cooperative attitude
- Proactive and willing to take on additional responsibilities
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy and a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
More about Compass:
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone's place.
Check out our Engineering blog!
Do your best work, be your authentic self.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.