CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM
Accountant / Accounts Executive
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Purpose of the position
Analyze and forecast financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Assists in the following tasks:
- Preparation of monthly GST returns of all registered locations and uploading on the respective state GST portal.
- Preparation of GST annual return for all locations and uploading on the respective state GST portal.
- Preparation of quarterly TDS return and uploading of return on Income tax e-filing portal.
- Monthly reconciliation between GST return and financial statements.
- Handling Government audit under GST. It includes reconciliation of various numbers shown in annual and periodical returns. Communication with Govt. departments for providing clarification in case of differences.
- Handling tax assessments and making submission of documents to Assessing Officers in the Govt. Tax department.
- Providing documents and clarifications to the external counsels handling company’s appeal matters at higher levels like Tribunal/Courts.
- Helping accounts team during statutory audits.
- Handling tax audits under various statues.
- Periodically updating and stringently following compliance calendar.
- Quarterly Advance tax determination and making payment.
- Company’s income tax computation and help accounts team with the tax liability provisions.
- Regular updating of book after assessment and related appeals are disposed of, so that accounts always reflect correct status.
- Follow up with the tax departments for orders, refund and various.
- Strong understanding of the importance of documentations to meet legal requirements.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Very good interpersonal and influencing skills and conceptual abilities.
- Requires good communication and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrates customer centric attitude.
- The incumbent must have the required domain knowledge and skills in the area of accounts, taxation and corporate laws, can solve problems and apply different concepts.
- Required educational background is either a qualified CA or a ICMA with LLB or a M.Com with LLB.
- Should have 2-4 years of experience in handling core taxation and corporate accounting.
- Good working knowledge in excel and Microsoft-words, required for reporting.
- SAP knowledge will be added advantage.
You will be part of
We offer you an opportunity to put your skills and experience into work and make an impact in our global organisation and the cargo handling industry. You will work together with great colleagues from various backgrounds inspired by shared, ambitious goals. We value collaboration in our open and inclusive culture. With us, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself professionally. Join us to make a difference - and have fun while doing it.
Interested to join?
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application with salary request and CV.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar offers the widest range of cargo handling solutions and services to ports, terminals, distribution centres and to the heavy industry. Kalmar is the industry forerunner in terminal automation and in energy efficient container handling, with one in four container movements around the globe being handled by a Kalmar solution. Through its extensive product portfolio, global service network and ability to enable a seamless integration of different terminal processes, Kalmar improves the efficiency of every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2021 totalled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.