Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CFA, CA - Qualified, FRM
• Timely and accurate daily P&L reporting and general ledger reconciliations, primarily for the firm’s trading activities. P&L production will include both Comprehensive P&L and clean (risk-based) P&L;
• Research and identify P&L issues arising from incorrect trade bookings, system errors, and valuation discrepancies;
• Month-end close for P&L, and substantiation of balance sheet at a detailed level;
• Must have strong attention to detail and ability to identify and escalate issues as needed;
• This role will require close and efficient communication with various groups, including Front Office, Middle Office, Market and Credit Risk, and Group Controllers;
• Utilize the firm’s P&L attribution to validate the reported P&L;
• Track daily asset usage by Legal Entity and LoB;
• Produce and analyze Volcker metrics, where appropriate, to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with this rule;
• Prepare weekly/monthly management reports/financial highlights;
• Provide high quality commentary on P&L and balance sheet drivers;
• Analyze monthly expense trends and prepare analytics;
• Develop a solid understanding of the legal entities on which trading activities are conducted, and ensure the P&L is reported accurately on each entity;
• Prepare material to support internal/external audit examinations/queries;
• Ensure compliance with internal guidelines (e.g. COSO controls), and internal and external audit recommendations;
• Develop and improve upon internal controls through critical evaluation of current environment, with the goal of implementing consistent, industry best practices across the enterprise;
• Maintain accurate policies and procedures that are up to date and can be easily followed by internal and external audit groups.
- CA/CFA/FRM degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business.
- 10-15 years of experience in one or a combination of the following: analytics, reporting, finance, or accounting.
- 9+ years of experience with Product Control function at a large bank.
- Solid understanding of Credit (Bonds – IG/HY, CDS, Money Markets) business and products, corresponding risk measures for the purposes of analyzing changes to P&L and providing explanation to the senior management and the regulators.
- Experience working in global teams.
- Proficient working with complex data, especially associated with trading activities.
- Advanced desktop skills in MS Office products especially MS Excel and MS Access and tools like SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI
- Essbase (database with GL and org hierarchy info)
- Experience supporting Credit businesses.
- Experience researching and resolving P&L issues arising from incorrect trade bookings, system errors, and valuation discrepancies – using both Finance and Front Office systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build and maintain partnership with key stakeholders and partners.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Ability to be agile, flexible and adjust plans quickly to meet changing business needs
- Ability to perform well under pressure.