CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
The Internal Parties Data Domain governs data relating to legal entities that fall inside the ownership structure of the firm and entities the firm has legal and/or regulatory reporting responsibilities over, including but not limited to the Federal Reserve through FR Y-6 and FR Y-10 filings and entities governed by Regulation W and Regulation Y of the Federal Reserve Act 1913. The system of record for this population of ~15,000 entities is the Global Entity Management System.
Data Steward - Assigned by the Data Domain Executive or Data Domain Manager or Data Domain Lead to manage domain data generated by business processes and facilitate adoption of standards and capabilities. Work side by side with Data Management Partners to support data management operations. Are assigned to manage specific data, driven by business priorities and may change over time.
The Data Steward role is responsible for gathering and documenting critical data elements (CDEs) within the Internal Parties Data Domain in support of the adoption of strategic reference data. The Data Steward ensures that all progress in the CDE Lifecycle is correctly documented and reported, and that any issues are promptly escalated and addressed. This role reports directly to the Internal Parties Data Domain Manager.
- Define specific CDE business definition values and data quality rules, in partnership with LOB-aligned Data Domain Leads, Data Stewards, and/or business process owners within the Internal Parties Data Domain and in the case(s) of shared CDEs work with the relevant domains.
- Coordinate with business process stakeholders to ensure that the proper business context and impact are considered in discussions regarding specific CDEs
- Collaborate with LOB-aligned Data Domain Leads within the Internal Parties Data Domain to prepare the deliverables associated with each stage of the CDE Lifecycle (i.e., new elements, change requests, certification requests) for review and approval by the Internal Parties Data Domain Manager
- Prepare materials for the Internal Parties Domain Working Group (DWG); document DWG decisions/discussions and update the DataBook tool accordingly
- Track stakeholder sign-off within DataBook and escalate to the Internal Parties Data Domain Manager, if necessary
- Report on status and issues with regard to the CDE Lifecycle to stakeholders as necessary
- Define and collect data quality metrics for the Internal Parties data domain; identify key data quality issues, trends, and observations; collaborate with the Reference Data Chief Data Office's Data Quality Metrics Lead/Data Quality Program Head to report on metrics to senior stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Reference Data Chief Data Office (CDO) Data Analysis & Remediation Team (DART) to understand domain-specific data quality issues; assess implications for pace of progress on CDE Lifecycle within or across data domains
- Provide guidance on how to use the DataBook tool to LOB-aligned Data Domain Managers
- Define and/or facilitate operating model processes to support CDE end to end lifecycle
- Participate in routine Reference Data CDO Domain Managers Meetings and other various CDO forums
- Support CDO testing releases as required (e.g. DataBook)
- Determine business Engage with the CDO Review and Editorial Board to ensure compliance with CDO Standards and Guidelines
- Execute against Firmwide CDO and Reference Data CDO roadmap
- Collaborate with business owners to maintain and process the firm's strategic Legal Entity Identifier (LEI) process up-to date
- Bachelor's degree and project management experience, preferably in managing cross-LOB/functional projects and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Subject matter expertise with retail or wholesale processes, Internal Parties reference data, reference data operational processes, and data lifecycle activities is preferred but not mandatory
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand business and technical functions, process information quickly, and assess impacts to data elements
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship management skills
- Highly organized, as the role requires keeping up with multiple workstreams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage expectations
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to connect multiple streams of data and synthesize the data.
- Proactively drives issue resolution to completion
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.