Company Secretary / Compliance Officer
Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
- Be the Global Compliance point of contact for the Global Capability Centre in Bangalore; ensuring effective compliance oversight, with focus on Global Functions
- Partnering with the Privacy Center of Excellence in their deployment of the enterprise-wide privacy compliance programme across the GCC, in line with GSK’s internal policies and local regulations
- Supporting the GCC Site Lead in delivering non-Global Compliance activities on an interim basis. For example, mapping external compliance requirements and engaging with 3rd parties to provide tools to complete external compliance tasks.
- Advise GCC LT, ELT and employees on Compliance related requirements.
- Support Audits in GCC as Compliance Officer
- Compliance representative in culture assimilation work stream and embed GSK Culture & ways of working through training and communication
- Support in CCM and BCP plans for GCC
- Deploy TPO and take decision as TPO TRIO, reporting to RMCB
- Provide Compliance inputs to Disciplinary Committee, trends and insight to risk discussions, promotion of speak-up
- Proactively seek to understand and influence GFs strategies and objectives using strategic thinking and knowledge of the GSK business and Key Risk Indicators. This role will operate across several functions including Human Resources, Procurement, Tech, Finance and Internal Audit. Supports the development and execution of Global Compliance objectives
- Drives implementation of compliance programs taking into consideration function(s) requirements and translating global requirements into local specifications, including any relevant training and communication.
- Drives accountability toward greater business transparency, compliance, Values based decision making and a robust governance framework which reinforces trust in GSK from customers, business partners and patients.
- Helps GFs evaluate and agree the appetite for risk and explore options for proactive and pragmatic mitigation.
- Play a leading and significant role in RMCBs and/ or equivalent governance meetings and encourage discussion of relevant, significant risks and ensure that issues and conclusions are reported upward appropriately.
- Ability to understand the broader risk management needs of the wider GF and GSK.
- As required work with the Centers of Excellence (COEs) on the design of compliance programs and champion the GCC/GF perspective.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly complex and matrixed organisation across geographies and cultures and maintain confidentiality and trust around sensitive compliance issues.
- CPA for Financial Controls, CISA or CRISC with relevant experience.
- Excellent understanding of the regulatory, societal and economic trends of the pharmaceutical industry is foundational to success in this role.
- Ability to work effectively and sensitively in a highly matrixed organisation across geographies and cultures.
- Connected with peers in the industry to allow sharing of best practices.
- Track record in providing high degree of reliance, accountability, and value-added consultation/ support to senior business managers and other support functions.
- Ability to provide strategic advice as well as operational solutions.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle highly confidential matters and exude the appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Strong problem-solving skills that are pragmatic, demonstrating a strong understanding of the business.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organisation.