Qualified Professional - Fresher
Work from Office
CFA, CA - Qualified
- Preparing daily P&L’s for trading desks, involving assessment of the nature of revenue generated in the context of market moves and risk held as well as reconciliation between front office sub-ledger and Firm general ledger. Price verification; monthly review and challenge of trader inputs into inventory pricing as well as incremental assessment of less observable inputs.
- To interact effectively and pro-actively with traders and their management.
- Intelligently reviewing trading activity with the objective of informing around the valuation of the portfolio and also highlighting anything unusual or material to management.
- Assessing risk inherent in trading positions, whether market, compliance or reputational risk etc.
- Knowledge of products and market awareness.
- Producing and reviewing P&L attribution and commentary for the bank’s trading, investing and new issuance businesses
- Understanding of the impact of Regulatory Capital rules on a trading desk’s ongoing and new business.
- Identifying any trades booked incorrectly in the firm’s trade procession systems
- Production and analysis of the balance sheets for a trading desk and understanding and explanation of vements.
- Preparing monthly accounts for posting to the firm’s general ledger and producing/reviewing relevant external disclosures.
- Ensuring compliance with all the Firm’s financial reporting requirements. Market Risk Controllers, Credit Risk Controllers]
- Price verification [Traders and Controllers PV group]
- Federal reporting. [Fed reporting teams]
- Financial Reporting disclosures [Accounting Policy, Legal Entity Controllers]
- More generally being the point of contact within the Federation for a trading desk [Tax, Compliance, Legal, etc.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant; or other relevant professional financial qualifications (e.g. CFA)
- We will also consider part-qualified candidates currently on other bank ACA/or similar programs
- Good interpersonal skills as complement to technical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and analytical capability
- Desire to learn and interest in financial markets and products
- Track record of improving processes and adding value to clients/stakeholders