CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title: Functions Technology Data Architect Lead
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Design and perform Enterprise architect role in cloud platform to support Barclay’s functions technology data platform.
What will you be doing?
- Design and architect solutions for the Functions data platform in the cloud platform.
- Participate in data reviews and architectural decisions.
- Creating and refactoring programs in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards.
- Recognising, selecting, and applying appropriate design patterns, frameworks according to business benefit, maintainability and delivery priorities and constrains.
- Strong in analysis, estimating and prioritisation of tasks
- Agile software development.
- Working expertise within a DevOps environment with a relentless focus on automation of testing and deployment
- Maintaining agreed standards applicable to the work undertaken and ensuring that these, and other mandatory standards and architectures, are adhered to.
- Training and development of the technical and organisational skills of junior programmers.
- Communication: both with team, stakeholders, and numerous internal partner functions (i.e., Finance, Risk, Operations etc)
- Review solutions and recommend improvements.
- Own the design of functions data platform and solutions customized for business.
What We’re Looking For
- Strong analytical/problem solving mindset but with the ability and willingness to get into the details to find solutions.
- Diverse database models and strong in the principles of data management and database access management.
- Expertise in the enterprise's IT environment, including the current use of any database products, APIs, query languages and public cloud computing.
- Strong work expertise in the Cloud data platform and technologies.
- Strong fundamentals in Data design patterns and delivering viable solutions.
- Design and maintain physical and logical database design
- Collect business requirements and develop as well as document data models to satisfy those requirements
- Work with cross-functional teams to build new data platform, support their data needs, and provide thought leadership
- Develop and deliver Big Data roadmap
- Provide strategic direction and technical expertise to meet data architecture needs
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Master’s degree in Information Technology / Master in computer science discipline.
- Strong expertise in data architect solutions and cloud products.
- Delivery of Functional data platforms for large organisations.
- Proven track record of working in the Financial Services Industry
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.