CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Investment Banking, Private Equity & VC
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Business Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing the design and support of data acquisition, data integration between global warehouse and consumption platforms primarily in Retail area. Ideal person will have strong functional knowledge in business domain for CCAR, Basel calculations and reporting. Analyst will also support development, testing, and production of the data warehouse as part of the Data Analysis team. Retail Data Analyst will be responsible for several regulatory outcomes related to CCAR, Y9C, Basel and other regulatory deliveries.
- Development of transformation logic to support the data acquisition and consumption requirements
- Assess the quality of data during development and test phases of the projects, and own the resolution of the data quality issues by working with development teams
- Work with consumption technology/business teams to provide standards based solution
- Develop or enhance standards for logical and physical model development.
- Develop mappings of sources to target databases, including documentation of transformation rules.
- Communicate regularly with architects and modelers working in parallel tracks to maintain consistency of models and other deliverable.
- Interact with globally diversified team spread over many international locations and time-zones
- Ensuring high quality software development, with complete documentation and traceability
- Resolve variety of high impact problems/projects through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes, and industry standards
- Working with business partners and other stakeholders to understand and document requirements
- Working with project managers and support teams to meet delivery targets
- 10+ years of relevant experience preferably in the Financial Service industry
- Experience as Sr Business Analyst
- Very strong analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Confident engineer with an authoritative knowledge of Retail Products like Credit Cards, Mortgages, Deposits, Overdrafts and Personal Loans.
- Agile/Scrum methodology experience is required
- Experience in SCMs like GIT and tools like JIRA
- Comfortable working with large data volumes and be able to demonstrate a firm understanding of logical data structures and analysis techniques
- Experienced with Linux/Unix platform
- Strong knowledge in financial services industry and/or regulatory environments
Skills & Technologies:
- Experience in large Data Warehouses (30+ TB) and back-office systems.
- Past experience in implementing Financial GL and sub-ledger systems.
- Past experience with banking products such as mortgages, loans, cards etc.
- Domain knowledge in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management and/or Regulatory Reporting in the Banking industry.
- Strong RDBMS experience: Netezza, Teradata, and Oracle preferred.
- Strong experience in use of Big Data HDFS based platform for data analysis and investigations
- Ability to write complex SQL needed to investigate data issues, repair damaged data, and migrate data to new structures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including use of Excel for presentation of data and mappings.
- Overall from 6+ years of data analyst experience.
- Passion to deliver results in a complex enterprise application / environment
- Opportunity to work on end to end unified Finance & Risk solution for data
- Potential exposure to interact/provide solution with Business, Finance and Risk Controllers.
- Potential to contribute to projects involving complex feature-based data algorithms
- Exposure to data science, Finance & Risk functions in a dynamic and challenging industry with regular close collaboration with our Data Governance team
- A graduate Engineer holding degree in any of the Engineering streams. Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
- Adept written and verbal communicator
- Highly adaptable and be willing to mentor and train more junior team members
- Organized and prepared to manage multiple parallel pieces of work
- Prior experience working with remote teams
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:Technology
Job Family:Business Analysis / Client Services
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting