CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Audit & Control
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Internal Audit – Consumer and Commercial Banking Business Auditor – Analyst/Associate
What We Do
As the third line of defense, Internal Audit’s mission is to independently assess the firm’s internal control structure, including the firm’s governance processes and controls, and risk management and capital and anti-financial crime frameworks, raise awareness of control risk and monitor the implementation of management’s control measures. In doing so, internal Audit:
- Communicates and reports on the effectiveness of the firm’s governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risk
- Raise awareness of control risk
- Assesses the firm’s control culture and conduct risks; and
- Monitors management’s implementation of control measures
Goldman Sachs Internal Audit comprises individuals from diverse backgrounds including chartered accountants, developers, risk management professionals, cybersecurity professionals, and data scientists. We are organized into global teams comprising business and technology auditors to cover all the firm’s businesses and functions, including securities, investment banking, consumer and investment management, risk management, finance, cyber-security and technology risk, and engineering.
Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Internal Auditors demonstrate strong risk and control mindsets, analytical, exercise professional skepticism and are able to challenge and discuss effectively with management on risks and control measures. We look for individuals who enjoy learning about audit, businesses, and functions, have innovative and creative mindsets to adopt analytical techniques to enhance audit techniques, building relationships and are able to evolve and thrive in teamwork and in a fast-paced global environment.
Consumer and Commercial Banking cover the firm's consumer lending and deposits businesses.
As a Business Auditor, you will be involved to provide assurance on the processes related to lending, deposits and payments, reporting for internal and regulatory purposes, along with other general business controls.
As part of the third line of defense, you will be involved in independently assessing the firm’s overall control environment and communicating the results to the firm’s local and global management the effectiveness of the firm’s controls that mitigate current and emerging risks and monitoring the management’s implementation of control measures. In doing so, you are supporting the provision of independent, objective, and timely assurance around the firm’s internal control structure, and supporting the Audit Committee, the Board of Directors, and Risk Committee in fulfilling their oversight responsibilities.
For each assigned review you will report to an experienced project manager. You will be expected to:
- Assist in scoping and planning of a review.
- Assist in executing the review.
- Analyze and identify operational and compliance risks associated with business processes and practices in areas related to consumer lending products
- Analyze and review the procedures, training and quality assurance programs related to consumer lending products
- Analyze and review the vendors performing customer impacting activities and escalate any identified risks
- Document the results of the test steps executed within the IA automated document project repository as per the departmental guidelines.
- Assist in vetting audit observations
- Assist in tracking, monitoring, and recording remediation of risks identified in reviews.
- CA/CFA/MBA in Finance/Masters or equivalent University degrees in Accounting/Finance
- 1-4 years of experience in a public accounting, internal audit, or a related control function in retail banking or consumer lending product (e.g., open-end, and closed-end credit) environment
- In-depth operational knowledge of relevant product areas (e.g. consumer banking products, consumer compliance, commercial cash management, banking regulations)
- Regulatory knowledge, particularly related to consumer businesses and banking
- Experience in managing integrated business and technology audit engagements and/or projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multitask while managing both time and workload
- Must be highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly.
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CIA, CAMS, FRM)
- Experience with Data Analytics tools and techniques
- Experience in Agile Auditing practices
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.