CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
- Manage and advise on legal affairs of the company, which includes SNP [ship/ sale purchase contracts], charter party contracts and disputes, insurance claims/ disputes, vendor agreements, ship financing contracts/documents and other commercial matters.
Provide sound legal advice to the various SNP, Operations, Chartering and Finance departments, and advice on general corporate structuring and commercial advisory for the company.
Legal advice and management of P&I and FD&D claims with the P&I Clubs and external lawyers.
Prepare, improve, and implement new procedures and guidance concerning compliance, risk mitigation and based on changes to international regulations, and new case law developments.
Compliance and regulatory due diligence and sanctions advice on counterparties, vessels and corporate authorities.
Advice on international maritime and domestic law, statutory and regulatory matters including environmental, safety, labor, sanction laws and similar maritime issues.
Instruct and liaise with external counsel in various international jurisdictions on current litigation matters.
Develop company policy and position on legal matters by providing guidance on legal matters, including agreements, transactions, regulation, claims, banking and litigation.
Prepare and review service agreements in different jurisdictions and deal with tax exemption issues.
Attend international conferences / seminars/ or meetings relevant to legal matters.
Skills & Qualifications
Qualification with a minimum LLB or equivalent bachelors degree in law.
LLM in Admiralty/Maritime law would be advantageous.
3 to 5 years’ legal experience working at law firms and resolving disputes successfully is essential.
Past employment as an in-house legal counsel for a ship owning group is desired.
Excellent command over verbal and written English communication skills.
Extremely organized with strong multi-tasking, interpersonal and management skills.
Strong negotiation skills.
Ability to work beyond regular hours as required.
- Must possess management degree in human resources.
- Must be familiarity with UAE labor laws
- Proven experience handling HR role of minimum 5 years
- Ability to effectively use computer software including Microsoft Outlook/ System 5, Word, Excel and HR software. Prior experience in Zoho will be an added advantage
- Must possess ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- Excellent organizational, time-management and multi-tasking skills