Audit & Control
Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CA - Qualified, CPA
- Assistance in the development of the new accounting and reporting processes to feed into the IFRS 17 and other IFRS reporting product.
- Work closely with other functions, including Business Management Actuarial, Economic Valuation & Methodology (EVM), Economic Reporting, Reinsurance FP&A, Regional Reinsurance Finance teams, Finance IT, etc.
- Significant involvement in the design, planning, and execution of the accounting & reporting solution system both from a functional and user perspective
- Supporting the testing and data workstreams
- Contribute to IFRS 17 prototyping and parallel run
- Working with central and local project management, including local workstreams, to support planning and execution of delivery plans
- Strategic Decision Making & Relationship Building: The tactical and strategic decisions will include making and supporting judgments and assumptions relating to Client financial statements and disclosures. Other aspects will require the ability to influence key stakeholders and deliver superior customer service.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Experience in SQL would be preferred but not mandatory
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present the view point in group meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Qualified Charted Accountant
- Certified Public Accountant (USA)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience within Insurance practice of Big 4 accounting firm with experience in IFRS / Ind AS/ USGAAP/IFRS 17and SEC reporting experience. Alternatively, candidate should have experience within finance function of insurance or Insure tech company
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS/ IFRS 17/U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements