CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Requisition ID - 1002382
Consultant/Senior Consultant - Risk - Internal Audit
The objective of our advisory risk services is to provide clients with a candid and reliable overview of their risk landscape. Our solutions can be used by our clients to build confidence and trust with their customers, the overall market and when required by regulation or contract. You will be responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of governance, risk & compliance (GRC), internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures, enterprise risk management, revenue assurance, IFC, Clause 49 assistance.
Your key responsibilities
Execution on client engagement – Ensure quality delivery as per client requirements.
- Review of working papers and client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service.
- Understand business & industry issues / trends. Identify areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
- Handling data analytics - Access, ACL etc.
- Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
- Awareness of internal auditing standards issued by IIA and ICAI.
- Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
- Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development.
- Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
- Attention to detail and mentor young interns and analysts within the practice.
- Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
Skills and attributes for success
Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
- Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Actively establish client (process owner/functional heads) and internal relationships.
- Assist and share knowledge with team members, Seniors and Managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives and participate in performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with professional standards and advise clients to understand and manage their business risks and verify the validity of their business information
- Brief the engagement team on the client's IA environment and industry IA trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of compliance, financial, and operational risks along with performing internal control testing, develop internal audit plans, and provide internal audit services on an outsourcing basis. Assess internal controls and SOX framework in order to mitigate risk and apply it to client situations
- Bring and utilize extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate impacts on the client's business. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
- Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess what the firm can deliver to serve clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
A CA or master's degree in Science or master’s degree in arts or master’s in business, accounting, finance, or a related discipline
- A minimum of 2-6 years of experience of relevant IA experience
- Bring your significant experience in applying relevant technical knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) assessing internal controls frameworks, including testing of design and operational effectiveness. (b) developing risk remediation strategies. (c) performing and interpreting gap analysis (d) experience in Enterprise Resource Management and related risk analysis, process analytics, and business intelligence.
- We would expect for you to be available to travel outside of their assigned office location at least 50% of the time, plus commute within the region (where public transportation often is not available). Successful candidates must work in excess of standard hours when necessary. A valid passport is required.
Ideally, you’ll also have
Good communication skills
What we look for
We’re looking for passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the risk industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.