CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Requisition ID - 797541
Senior Consultant – Internal Audit - Media & Entertainment
EY is looking for Senior Consultant in the Internal Audit Team.
Your key responsibilities
Responsible for executing client related engagements in the areas of governance, risk & compliance (GRC), internal audits, process reviews, standard operating procedures, enterprise risk management, revenue assurance, SOX 404 & Clause 49 assistance.
- Determine that the work delivered is of high quality.
- Anticipate and identify engagement related risks and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Actively establish & strengthen client (functional heads & key influencers) and internal relationships.
- Assist seniors & managers in developing new methodologies and internal initiatives.
- Create a positive learning culture, coaches, counsels and develops junior team members.
- Identify & escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements
Service delivery related
Review of working papers & client folders. Suggest ideas on improving engagement productivity and identify opportunities for improving client service
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the client's business processes to enable preparation of recommendations.
- Identify & internally escalate and potential red flags related to the engagement
- Preparation of reports/deliverables/status updates/audit committee presentations.
- Handling data analytics - Access, ACL etc.
- Ensure compliance with engagement plans and internal quality & risk management procedures.
- Demonstrate an application & solution-based approach to problem solving technique.
- Manage the engagement budgets and support superiors in developing marketing collaterals, business proposals and new solution / methodology development
- Develop strong working relationships with client (process owner/functional heads).
- Contribute to knowledge management sessions within the practice.
- Identify and escalate potential business opportunities for the firm on existing client engagements.
- Manage small teams – motivate, counsel & develop junior colleagues.
- Pro-actively identify and escalate counselees not being chargeable on engagements.
- Demonstrate ability to conceptualize & translate lessons learned on client engagements into relevant training sessions for junior colleagues and contribute to learning & development initiatives.
- Provide real-time constructive verbal feedback to team members and facilitate timely completion of engagement review forms.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situation.
- Support knowledge sharing efforts and continually improves processes so that the work team can capture and leverage knowledge.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate ability of multi-task and manage multiple projects as directed by the managers.
- Awareness of internal auditing standards issued by IIA and ICAI.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively discharge supervisory responsibilities
To qualify for the role you must have
Chartered Accountant/Certified Internal Auditor/Masters in Business
- 4 to 5 years of post-qualification experience in risk advisory/related internal audit experience/external audit experience in big 4.
Ideally you’ll also have
Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
People with the ability to work in a collaborative way to provide services across multiple client departments while adhering to commercial and legal requirements. You will need a practical approach to solving issues and complex problems with the ability to deliver insightful and practical solutions.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.