Indirect Taxation- Executive
Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CA - Qualified
- Implementation support to clients on GST projects – Team along to support clients in implementing GST, undertake GST impact analysis, manage compliances under GST and identify transition issues.
- Understanding of client issues-Ability to discuss basic technical issues, ask appropriate questions and gather relevant information from the client. Develops rapport with the lower levels of client management; responds in a timely manner, displays commitment to outstanding client service.
- Responsible for the complete execution of the assigned engagements -. Analysis & Interpretation of Provisions under the Central Excise Act & Rules framed thereunder, Customs Act & Rules thereunder, Cenvat Credit Rules, Service Tax Statute, Provisions pertaining to VAT, issues relating to Classification and Valuation of Goods under Central Excise and Customs, Issues pertaining to Excise Rules, Modvat/Cenvat Credit Rules and Cenvat Accounting, Indirect Tax Compliances including VAT, Service Tax, STPI (b). Coordination with the department for obtaining approvals, registrations, etc.
- Awareness of services that the practice provides-Builds internal networks to develop understanding of service line offerings and bring potential opportunities to the attention of the team.
- Networking & Identification of opportunities-Begins to identify new opportunities for existing clients and communicates to manager. Networks internally within the peer group and other levels in the firm in order to gain understanding of issues that may impact issues with his clients.
- Effective implementation and review of work programs. Updates the manager proactively on various work related issues.
- Coordinates with the Manager/Senior Executive the planning and management of assignments.
- Provides timely and high-quality services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Passion to work in indirect tax field
- Good command over MS Excel –can use formulas and comfortable with computations
- Analytical ability
- Good understanding of indirect tax laws including GST
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to liaise at all levels)
- Commitment to on-going self-development
- Ability to communicate and interact with clients
- Ability to cope under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- A certified CA (pref.) /LLB/any other Diploma with post qualification and/or articleship experience in indirect tax.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities and verbal/written communication skills
- 2 to 4 yrs experience.
- Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.