CA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
Our region encompasses diverse tax laws and is part of what makes a career in tax with Deloitte & Touche Middle East a truly stimulating experience. With many corporations operating across several borders, your knowledge of tax will be key to making sure our clients stay on the right side of tax laws and minimize their tax costs. Your people skills will also be engaged as you form a close working relationship with clients, while your technical knowledge will be stretched as you develop expertise across the board in consulting, business, finance and law to craft commercially sound solutions. As you gain experience, you will do so with the full support of a firm that believes in helping you grow and providing you with the skills to succeed.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Senior in Mergers & Acquisitions, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Applies knowledge and skills of relevant practices and processes (or relevant tax rules and regulations) in area of specialization to client problems
- Presents findings and recommends and implements advice independently relevant to tax and consults others as needed
- Reviews written technical advice, reports, memoranda and/or other deliverables relevant to tax laws and rules for adequacy of research conducted and appropriateness and accuracy of conclusions
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the key capabilities required to deliver a high quality service experience to the client
- Selects appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develops informed recommendations
- Interprets and synthesizes data, exercises professional skepticism to challenge data, and identifies meaningful insights to develop recommendations that most effectively support a client’s business objectives
- Articulates how technology enables the business and communicates this effectively to clients while ensuring appropriate technologies and methodologies are used on projects
- Utilizes M&A related tax concepts to develop deep understanding of the target and the potential tax implications of the transaction
- Drafts due diligence findings to identify and resolve any open or inconsistent issues
- Determines the economic impact of the provisions, including indemnities, working capital calculation, and covenants
- Provides tax specific calculations (where permissible) including separate jurisdictional tax calculations and utilizes foreign tax credits and/or net operating losses
- Identifies transaction related adjustments to the client's model that will impact the tax expense
- Synthesizes and analyzes data to develop efficient alternative structuring considerations to the proposed transaction
- Identifies situations where coordination is necessary, and effectively manages such coordination to identify and evaluate structuring alternatives
- Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
- Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results
- Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
- 3 - 5 years of general tax experience, preferably with at least a year focused on taxation. Experience with a Big 4 firm, law firm, or large corporate tax department of a multinational company is required.
- Consulting and compliance experience is needed.
- Experience with inbound and outbound international tax is preferred.
- Excellent research skills and strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Good knowledge of tax and business laws and regulations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field.
- Advanced degree such as MST, JD or LLM preferred. CPA preferred.
- Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in Arabic is a plus.