CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Multistate Tax Services (Sales and Use tax)
Do you have a passion to work for Tax Compliance Group works with clients to provide indirect tax compliance services. Are you ready to take the next step in your career to ensure smooth project/operations management? If the answer to all of the above is “Yes,” come join us!
Deloitte Tax Services India Private Limited commenced operations in June 2004. Since then, nearly all of the Deloitte Tax LLP (“Deloitte Tax”) U.S. service lines have obtained support through Deloitte Tax in India. Deloitte Tax in India offers you opportunities to learn U.S. taxation, a much sought-after career option.
At Deloitte, we are leading clients through the tax transformation taking place in the marketplace. We offer a broad range of fully integrated tax services and add greater impact to clients by combining technology and tax technical resources to uncover insights and smarter solutions for navigating an increasingly complex global environment.
Work you’ll do
- The U.S. India Sales and Use Tax Compliance Group works with clients to provide tax compliance services.
- Specifically, this position will focus on performing sales and use tax return compliance process services, including data validation and consolidation; error handling and reconciliation procedures; and advisory services related to sales tax matters.
- Responsibilities will include the following: validation of client data, analysis to determine new entities and/or jurisdictions that require additional filing obligations, consolidation of data for import into tax returns software, and upload of data into tax preparation software.
- Assisting with various state and local indirect tax consulting projects including sales & use and excise tax overpayment reviews, tax implications of sales and purchase transactions, audit defense services, nexus planning, and voluntary disclosures.
- Team Management and client management(for managers)
MTS Indirect Tax Offering (Sales/Use Tax Center of Excellence) - Sales and use tax is a rapidly expanding service offering at Deloitte. The offering is built on a scale that includes a highly-leveraged and nationally managed compliance center in our U.S. India (USI) offices, with the project oversight management based in the U.S. offices, primarily Chicago. Deloitte is currently in the process of aggressively increasing its market share in this service offering.
Qualifications - External
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Supervisory experience
- Full time Masters degree from reputed University
- 4 - 8 years’ experience in state and local indirect tax ( sales & use and excise tax )
- Experience with state and local indirect tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Preparation and review experience of state and local indirect tax returns
- Excellent research and writing skills
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India .
Deloitte supports your progression through a well-defined career path by providing challenging assignments, mentoring, and targeted trainings. Recent post graduates begin as a consultant. The career path from there is to senior consultant, then manager, senior manager and onto a path to director or partner or principal.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters .
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you .
Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people .
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people .
Requisition code: 107877