CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title: Application Engineer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
The person is responsible for Development and Testing activities for BASE24.
- Is capable to contribute to IA, TDR, Build, CIT, SIT, E2E & Scheme certification.
- Good understanding of BASE24, TACL commands and simulators.
- Good understanding of Cards Acquiring domain and Testing principles in various delivery models
- Analysis design and implementation of test solutions to fit the business requirements
- Is capable of effective stakeholder management, supporting business for making informed decisions based on test results, possess good analytical skills
What will you be doing?
- Develop Strategy / approach based on the business requirements. Write IA & TDR, Build code, Completed UT/CIT, SIT/E2E testing
- Ability to develop or alter simulator scripts for BASE24 testing.
- Review Test Scenarios and Test Cases developed by the team members
- Identify the areas of improvement and come up with plans to optimize the effectiveness of build & testing.
- Is capable of giving walkthrough of the solution / approach to the stakeholders
- Good communication skills & good team player
What we’re looking for:
- Strong BASE24 development & design experience (switch knowledge on Tandem Platform)
- Experience working in languages like TAL,COBOL,SCOBOL,TACL, Spoolcom, Peruse
- Knowledge on Simulators like MasterCard, Visa, FINSIM, Versa Test and Asset, etc.
- Knowledge on ATM, POS switch ISO 8583 message and its supported cards and transaction types is a Must.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Must be a Good in Communication.
- Good Analytical ability and provide solution at a higher quality
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.