CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Assistant Manager - Financial Accounting Advisory Services
When our clients are facing complex finance and controllership issues, they look to us to set it right. Whether a system conversion has been miscalculated or they simply don’t have the knowledge in the right area of accounting, we provide the answers to the big questions nobody else can.
FAAS assists EY’s advisory clients in solving their complex accounting and financial reporting issues in Indian GAAP, IFRS, US GAAP, or Ind-AS. FAAS is a small and fast-growing team with excellent exposure to the firm’s key clients, and gives excellent growth opportunities for the right candidates. #LI
Our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team is growing exponentially, and you’ll play a key role in that growth. Working across all industries, you’ll develop your career by communicating creative, strategic goals both internally and externally. It’s all about listening to and understanding our clients to give them a truly exceptional experience in a field where there really are no off-the-shelf recommendations.
Your key responsibilities
Manage / execute FAAS projects, develop and implement solutions (see above)
- Identify and develop business opportunities; manage accounts (depending on level)
- Coach junior team members, encourage technical excellence and learning
- Integrate with other EY service lines on multi-disciplinary projects
- Contribute to thought leadership and participate in marketing activities
- Regular travel will be required as you will be meeting with key clients, some of those being the most respected in their fields.
Skills and attributes for success
Ability to explain complex accounting and financial reporting issues simply
- Advisory mindset, ability to develop solutions for the client with support from technical subject matter experts
- Managing performance and identifying opportunities to improve our products and processes
- Business development skills and aptitude, depending on level. In applicants at Senior Manager and above, a strong track record of business development is expected
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Specific financial reporting experience in at least one of the following:
- Transactions (acquisitions, carve outs, demergers, restructuring)
- Preparation for IPO including listing rules in India/UK/US
- Complex consolidation structure in an MNC environment including implementation of ERP/consolidation IT system
- Tax planning and complex structures
- Developing and delivering technical training
- Specific financial reporting topics: revenue recognition; financial instruments; off-balance sheet financing; consolidation and SPEs; banking; insurance;
To qualify for the role you must have
CA qualified (or equivalent e.g. CPA/ICAEW/ACCA)
- Good academic record (1st/2nd time passes for ICAI or equivalent)
- Strong IGAAP and/or IFRS and/or US GAAP financial reporting experience in complex/large companies, most likely in Big 4 audit/advisory/transaction vertical or MNC finance/M&A environment
Ideally you’ll also have
Strong communication, facilitation, relationship-building, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Be highly flexible, adaptable, and creative.
- Comfortable interacting with senior executives (within the firm and at the client)
- Strong leadership skills and supervisory responsibility.
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for technical accounting experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible