CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title : Assistant Manager-Ops Control
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Core member of Operations Control for Markets Operations.
- Contribute to and manage streams of the project to deliver completeness, applicability and accuracy of Controls, managing priorities and ensuring alignment with strategic programs is maintained.
- Definition of comprehensive documentation including business requirements, process flow diagrams, input into business and technology procedures.
- Definition & regular communication of progress against individual task plans that roll-up into project plans
- Establish effective working relationships with key stakeholders and sponsors within global business units and delivery teams, particularly across Global Market Operations, and Change the Bank / Run the Bank technology teams and application leads
- Identify and act on opportunities to deliver efficiencies, reduce timescales and improve flows between business areas
- Continually assess processes with a view to implement improvements
- Along with direct colleagues, and stakeholders, implement an operational function and associated governance that ensures timely, accurate and complete reconciliations and associated MI
- Develop MI to track and report performance of Markets and Operations, embedding into BAU practices
- Perform regular quality checks to confirm that key controls are operating effectively.
What will you be doing?
- Highly resilient and resourceful, with a proven track record in engaging and influencing others to ensure global project tasks are delivered per committed timelines, whilst managing functional budget.
- Act as a catalyst for change and inspire confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensuring the need for change is embedded across the function.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to simplify and condense a large number of complex moving parts into single impact statement.
- Pro-active and delivery focused, working to high standards of performance.
- Provide insight into current control effectiveness by analysing control and business KPI’s and performance, weighing up the cost v risk of each control and also externally benchmarking industry standards and then recommending and designing solutions to improve to Business Area’s control environment.
What we’re looking for:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Investment Banking experience (within Operations preferable)
- Previous experience with reconciliations either as part of an RTB role or a change function
- Proven Stakeholder Management experience
- Intermediate/Advanced Experience with Microsoft Excel, comfort managing large data sets and data modelling functions (Pivot tables Conditional/IF Formulas)
- Experience of building or maintaining reconciliations
- Collaborative, team approach
- Innovative, and dynamic thinker
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.