CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available. We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength, intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm.
J.P. Morgan Custody provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement, safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange and Liquidity Solutions. This product suite, along with our Markets business, helps us service our core client segments: Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance/GSEs, Banks/Broker Dealers and Hedge Funds and Alternatives. We are committed to delivering investor solutions that help clients protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize opportunities in diverse global markets.
The CFS Middle Office Department is responsible for ensuring all aspects of operations for clients are completed, transactions are processed on time, exceptions are resolved proactively; provide single point of contact team and subject matter expertise to the clients. Middle Office covers trade instruction capture, settlement; fail management, cash instruction capture, projections, overdrafts, asset servicing instruction capture, dividends, foreign exchange, collateral, derivatives lifecycle management and bank loans
Incumbent will be responsible for managing CFS Middle Office - Custody Cash Processing function for flawless delivery, accountable for proper change management & process improvement. Continuously develop industry/product knowledge and utilize the same optimally for process improvement at all times. Ability to understand customer segments and apply different servicing approaches based on customer knowledge level. Ability to implement and execute development plans for staff and managing global stakeholders of his/her function.
- Managing Transaction processing related activities of Custodian function in the most efficient and highly Control framework oriented environment.
- Review of daily / weekly / monthly performance metrics pertaining to the function and to identify and track reasons for deviation from agreed levels or expected behaviour. Ensure resolution of all ageing / sensitive outstanding items by having close engagement with global and local stakeholders/ internal departments.
- Perform systemic verification for high value Payments.
- End to End responsibility of team managing Global Custody Cash function and to be in control and
Monitoring of "Intra-day" and "End of Day" reports/checks.
- Managing all cash exceptions and handholding to closure with internal teams; be it client, market or Transaction type specific.
- Global stake holder management, understanding client's requirements and deep understanding of Custody Market nuances to ensure flawless delivery by adopting bespoke process requirements.
- Active participation in multiple forums such as Product, Client Service, Strategy to analyse the impact basis Market changes and to drive Tech Initiatives to meet client expectation and internal functional goals.
- Play a key role in Audit reviews and contribute effectively in global / local meetings/calls with Product, Network, Client Facing team, etc. and represent Custody Cash function to add value in ensuring end goal
. To enhance customer satisfaction at all times - of course ensuring right controls and checks in place to avoid Audit & Compliance issues.
- Periodic review and certification of operational procedures, control activities / documents such as RCSA, Business resiliency plans, operations service agreement and allied documents and procedures
Periodic review of productivity benchmarks and adopting various tactical/strategic tools to further enhance the benchmarks on an ongoing basis.
- Proven experience in managing performance of his directs (managerial role) and his team. Able to set SMART goals for team members, counselling team members, team building and staff development.
- Create strong resiliency & backups within the team by active involvement in day to day activities and training initiatives.
- Work in partnership with Operational control management / Risk teams for performing QA testing's, MIS and Internal and External Audits.
. To continually reassess the operational risks inherent to Cash Processing taking account of changing business key deliverables, product implementations, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, staff management, restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Formal qualification and Experience
- Excellent prior custody & fund services, markets or prime brokerage operational experience along with managing staff
- Ability to work closely with business partners and interact with all staff levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Experience of working on large scale, multi-stream programs
- Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including taking the initiative to drive change and enhance controls
- Ability to manage through a changing business landscape
- Candidate must have a control focused agenda, and a thorough understanding of program/project risk
- Anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to ensure results
- Self-starter and ability to learn quickly
People and Communication
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills including the ability to communicate strategic messages clearly and consistently with the team, making linkages to individual goals and accomplishments
- Strong relationship management and partnership with a large array of constituents; ability to manage by influence to promote change
- Leadership with proven ability to manage by influence to promote change
- Proactive in identifying and escalating issues
Business and Subject Matter Knowledge
- Strong financial markets product knowledge and understanding of the transaction lifecycle in Custody and/or
- Subject matter expertise in Equities, Fixed Income, FX, Collateral, Derivatives
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent
- CA / MBA (Finance) / CFA would be preferred
Behavioural Competencies -
- Logical, structured approach to planning, problem solving and decision-making
- Self-starter with an ability to manage workload and deliverables for the team
- Partnering with other groups outside of the team's reporting line; e xcellent interpersonal skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.