CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Business: Global Service Delivery
Open positions: 01
Role Title: Customer Service Executive, Payment Services
Global Career Band: 8
Recruiter Name: Monika Shah
Why join us?
Our Global Service Centres are an integral part of Global Operations. Employees based there manage day-to-day customer transactions and processes for the global businesses. This may include transactions for our retail bank such as processing loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage applications, opening new accounts, and managing customer enquiries through contact centres and digital platforms.
Employees in the Global Service Centres also run and manage operations for commercial bank customers. This includes processing credit applications, facilitating payments and managing the import and export transactions that enable customers to protect and grow their businesses through international trade.
The purpose of the role is to provide advice and guidance to processing or checker teams whose activities may include account servicing, client onboarding, payments, sanctions screening, internal business services, internal transactions and credit services. They will possess expertise in a particular field, and will be regarded as Subject Matter Experts.
Activities that involve Inward & Outward payment processing, Electronic Transfers, Investigations& Verifications, Branch Enquiries, Inbound & Outbound calls to Customer& Branches, Manual Payments, referrals from processing and investigations team, decision making on referrals etc would fall under this job role.
What you’ll do: (List out Key Responsibilities):
Impact on the Business
Acquire and update knowledge on procedures and products · Ensure that each call / work is completed in accordance with established procedures and standards. · Produce MI as required · Identify and escalate potential complaints · Support achievement of team objectives · Exhibit ownership of the business
Customers (External/ Internal)
Receive/make calls from/to customers (internal/ external) · Process customer instructions accurately to achieve agreed quality standards and targets (as amended or notified from time to time) on all the processes worked · Act effectively on all customer feedback · Proactively escalate to the Line Management any issues / transactions that would impact service delivery or potential loss to the bank · Respond to mails/queries related to process timely with a cc to the Line Manager · Ensure no Ops Losses (Actual, Potential or Near Misses) are incurred due to the errors made · Delight internal and external customers
Impact on process
Process customer set up, host set up, Enquiries in a timely manner to achieve agreed productivity targets on all the regions worked. (as revised time to time) · Proactively contribute towards the completion of the maintenance and enquiries within the agreed timescales · Proactively provide training on GLE application and its products to external vendors and internal customers which is due to be carried diligently · "Adhere to all the audit requirements including but not limited to: Declaration of Secrecy/Data Protection Act/Health Safety and Security/Clear Desk Policy/ Other Process specific Audit requirements/ Compliance issues/requirements and Undertake process specific checks, where ever applicable · Adhere to Business area prescribed Online Modular Training & GR prescribed Modular Training · To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies
Participate in development of cohesive teams · Foster development of co-workers · Contribute to the creation of a supportive work environment driven by people centric values · Build professional relationships with colleagues in other areas
Management of Risk (GHR / FIM requirements)
- To abide by the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance risk in conjunction with the relevant Compliance Department. The term compliance embraces all relevant laws, rules and codes with which the business has to apply.
- To continually re-assess the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures, management restructures, and the impact of new technology in conjunction with the donor Group companies.
- Governance framework provides effective oversight of how fairly customers are treat and market integrity is upheld
- Engage with regulatory bodies in a timely, open and transparent manner
Observation of Internal Controls (GHR / FIM requirements)
- To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
- Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- Responsible for reviewing and updating procedure documents annually or as and when required.
- Review the process E2E and enhance the current work flow on ongoing basis
- Perform record and Maintain EOD checks
- Handle Escalations from RBWM clients
- Work closely with individuals, providing guidance on complex issues/referrals and motivate to perform better.
- Handle Recoveries process in case of any loss through Emails and calls to Banks and customers ? Provide solutions for Aged Inquiries/ outstanding breaks on TLM & GWIS
- Handle ADHOC request from Stakeholders, Prepare MI’s and Reports per management request.
- Carry out root cause analysis, business risk and client impact in case of any service outage.
- Monitor Nostro breaks on TLM and work with reconciliation team to ensure clearance on timely manner
What you will need to succeed in the role:
- Good communication skills – Written & Verbal
- Attention to detail ·
- Proven track record of strong focus towards high levels of Quality and Customer Service
- Ability to multi-task, depending on the criticality of the tasks.
- Self motivated and should be able to work under minimal supervision.
- Good team player · Flexibility to work in different shifts including weekends
- Strong Relationship building skills
- Quick Learner
Link to Candidate User Guide:
Go to the below link and type “IND GSC: IJP Applicant User Guide” in search bar.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC
HSBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and, opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified persons irrespective of, but not limited to, their gender or genetic information, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, social status, medical care leave requirements, political affiliation, people with disabilities, color, national origin, veteran status, etc., We consider all applications based on merit and suitability to the role.”
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
***Issued By HSBC Electronic Data Processing (India) Private LTD***