Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CA - Qualified, CPA
• Assist with the timely completion of the quarterly and annual consolidated financial statement filings with the SEC (10-K,10-Q, etc.) and the various other statutory reporting requirements of AXP and its subsidiaries.
• Assist with preparing Financial Review Book (FRB) key financial statement accounts and other schedules prepared to support the preparation of external reporting documents in relation to:
Derivative transactions, foreign currency transactions and fair value measurements
Accumulated Other Comprehensive Income (AOCI) especially in relation to cumulative translation adjustment
Debt analysis related to maturity schedule and effective interest rate
Available for Sale Securities
• Preparation of supporting information used to compile financial statements, notes and MD&A.
• Accounting controls to ensure compliance with SOX, Bank Holding Company regulations and numerous internal guidelines.
• Coordinating with the Treasury, GAPA, Valuations, External Reporting and PwC.
• Support SEC, Basel, and Regulatory Reporting of AXP and subsidiaries (TRS, AENB, AEBC, AEII, AEL, etc.)
• Partnering with GTC Middle Office in the day-to-day transaction support
• Additional responsibilities include participation in special projects and supporting PwC audit.
Critical Factors to Success:
Ensure accurate accounting and reporting of Debt/Investments/Derivatives/OCI for AXP along with its subsidiaries.
Provide support to partners on various projects impacting the above mentioned.
Continuous strive to achieve automation of the processes.
• Experience in SEC / BHC / Legal Entity reporting
• Excellent collaborative and relationship building skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• CA/CPA plus 2-5 years of experience in finance and accounting operations.
• US GAAP knowledge in the areas of financial Instruments
Knowledge of Platforms:- ORACLE/Essbase/BIEE