CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM
Accountant / Accounts Executive
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About This Role
As an Individual Contributor to provide financial management covering the following responsibilities:-
You'll Have The Following Responsibilities
- Management of results. This includes posting journals, performing reconciliations, first line value add analysis on results.
- Month end close accounting, managing the financial accounts for the business and product area. Also close the quarter and year end accounts.
- Work closely with colleagues in the team in Delhi, and teams across BT
- Role requires strong communication skills as it involves regular interaction with the Senior Finance Team across the business.
- Complying to all Key and Non-Key controls
- Maintaining adequate backup and support for month end journals and reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc work during the month for specific issues that are identified by the BT team. For example, further detailed and deeper analysis of results, problem identification and resolution. This is a significant part of the role.
- Identifying opportunities to add value to BT’s operation. This will include driving efficiencies in the work area to speed up and improve the quality of output, identifying and introducing new quality reports that add benefit to BT, working with other teams in the area to share knowledge and best practice.
You'll Have The Following Skills & Experience
- Graduate in Commerce preferred
- Preferably 4+ year’s relevant experience
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work within a larger team.
- Good command over Excel and other MS Office applications
- Straightforward, trustworthy.
- Able to work independently to resolve issues.
- Ability to work accurately to tight timeframes.
- Able to identify improvement opportunities and introduce these into the immediate work area and also across the wider team.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How To Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Aug 18, 2022, 10:59:00 PM