Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
- 8+ years of experience in a technical position.
- 4+ years on Big data and any Cloud Platform (AWS, Azure, Google etc).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Programming experience in Python, Perl or Java .
- Strong hands-on experience in integrating multiple databases like Oracle ,PostgreSQL ,Teradata , Vertica ,Netezza etc.
- Familiarity with one or more SQL-on-Hadoop technology (Hive, Pig, Impala, Spark SQL, Presto)
- Deep hands-on experience in the design, development and deployment of business software at scale.
- Leading/Involved in highly-available and fault-tolerant enterprise and web-scale software applications.
- Experience in troubleshooting and performance optimization and techniques.
- Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.”
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Professional Services team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. You will collaborate with our customers and/or partners on key engagements and will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, feature comparisons, and execute migration projects.
You will be based in Hyderabad/Bangalore/Pune and might have to travel globally to ensure customer success
- Employ customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams.
- As a key member of the team, ensure success in designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Participate in architectural discussions and design exercises to create large scale solutions built on AWS and also be part of the development lifecycle.
- Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
- Automate solutions for repeatable problems
- Develop test plan and testcases to demonstrate application/database readiness post migration
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are met
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and AWS services
- Partner with the sales team to design solutions for customers that drive AWS adoption and revenue
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience in leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
- Implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
- Experience in Apache Big Data stack such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive with a track record of being involved in these Apache Open-source projects.
- Experience with OLTP databases like Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLServer etc
- Hadoop development ( HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, HBase, Spark)
- Programming experience (Java, Perl, python)
- Experience in ETL workflow management
- Experience in MPP databases- Redshift ,Netezza, Teradata, Snowflake,Greenplum....
- Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation