Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
- Lead the implementation of an integrated business process, risk and control operating model.
- Partner with the function in the construction of business process design and assessment, including risk and controls.
- Ensure comprehensive coverage, consistency in execution, and maintenance of risk activities, including oversight and reporting of results
- Promote a strong risk culture, cultivate relationships and foster a team orientation and interfaces with business partners in Finance function, business-specific risk program teams, and key stakeholders in the second and third lines of defense.
- Lead and coordinate Risk activities related to business process – procedures - policies, risk identification/assessment/mitigation and controls evaluation including day-to-day governance/oversight, formal internal (audit, IT&V) and external reviews/exams (regulatory), and other risk management activities.
- Ensure proactive identification of issues and events, and partner with the finance function throughout issue lifecycle process to ensure compliance and timely and effective remediation
- Lead risk and controls governance committees and working group sessions
- Provide a high level of risk management acumen and consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes and controls that mitigate risks and address regulatory requirements.
- Lead implementation of initiatives with moderate to high risk through proactive management, coordination, and collaboration with key partners across the enterprise.
- Design and execute control effectiveness monitoring program for Front Line-owned controls.
- Adaptable to a dynamic and quickly changing, fast-paced work environment where priorities or focus may be flexible.
- Ability to engage stakeholders and drive conversations on risk and controls matters.
- Ability to focus on the details of an issue or task while keeping the big picture in mind (understand the context and connectivity by applying an integrated risk based approach).
- Engaged project management and ability to drive progress/execution in risk initiatives.
- 12+ years of experience in risk management (includes compliance, financial crimes, operational risk, audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, IT systems security, business process management) or 12+ years of financial services industry experience, of which 10+ years must include direct experience in risk management
- Domain knowledge and subject matter expertise in one of the Finance sub-functions (Regulatory/Financial reporting, Treasury, Product Control, FP&A, Tax) gained while working in a top tier bank
- Excellent written and verbal communication with proven ability to create presentations in powerpoint
- Analytical mindset with proven ability to structure auditable working documents in excel
- An active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls and risk
- Ability to analyze financial statements, accounting principles, tax returns, and personal financial statements
- Financial accounting experience
- Experience with governance and oversight requirements for regulatory and risk reporting
- Knowledge and understanding of ever-evolving regulatory environments and governance processes
- Knowledge and understanding of an end-to-end accounting process flow and control structure
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to motivate staff to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to simultaneously lead multiple projects
- Virtual leadership experience with ability to effectively drive results, provide feedback/direction, and manage and build relationships with leaders and team members in a geographically dispersed team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience in Auditing, Compliance, and/or functions performing risk management, assessment, quality assurance, testing and validation, or remediation activities in the financial services industry
- Experience in financial services organization’s first, second, or third lines of defense
- Proven ability to discern risk and influence risk management practices, formulate and implement effective strategies, and centrally manage risks in collaboration with lines of business/groups and support functions
- Proficient at process, risk, and controls design and continuous improvement