CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and individual clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $4.3 trillion and assets under management of $3.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. (Assets as of Dec. 31, 2021.)
J.P. Morgan Global Private Bank provides customized financial advice to help wealthy clients and their families achieve their goals through an elevated experience. Clients of the Private Bank work with dedicated teams of specialists that bring their investments and financial assets together into one comprehensive strategy, leveraging the global resources of J.P. Morgan across planning, investing, lending, banking, philanthropy, family office management, fiduciary services, special advisory services and more. The Private Bank oversees more than $1.9 trillion in client assets globally.
Global Private Bank (GPB) Advisor Support India team is an extension of the global sales organization and partners closely with the Client Advisors - Bankers, Investment specialists, Lending Advisors, Wealth Advisors, Market / Regional Leadership to support them on activities across the client/sales life cycle - Prospecting / Lead generation, creating pitchbooks / updating marketing materials, supporting client onboarding, ongoing client portfolio reviews and analysis, goal based analysis and researching client queries. The team operates in a globally integrated format with strong alignments to Advisors of a given Region/Market to enable contribution to business priorities.
Job Responsibilities & Activities
J.P. Morgan Private Bank is a global wealth management leader that delivers the highest quality advice,
service, capabilities, and products to ultra-high and high net worth individuals and families in 36
countries around the world. We enjoy relationships with 40% of the individuals on the Forbes Billionaire
list making us one of the largest Private Banks worldwide in terms of client assets.
We deliver highly customized and comprehensive solutions to help clients with the many complexities
they face by leveraging the capabilities of the firm. Private Banking is involved with every facet of wealth
management, including investments, liquidity and credit management, and tax and estate planning. Our
business model focuses on deep client relationships, an integrated team structure and a platform of
depth and breadth
The Lending Advisory team within JPMorgan Private Bank (PB) is a front line, client facing team responsible for providing credit solutions to ultra-high net worth clients. The team works closely with other Client Advisors (Bankers, Investors and Wealth Advisors), Credit Risk, Legal and Operations partners to structure and deliver credit solutions meeting both the client's needs, and within the bank's credit risk framework.
As part of the Lending Advisory team based in US, the Lending Professional is a developing credit specialist who works closely with the senior Lending Advisors on the team to assist with the execution and delivery of credit solutions.
- Assists the team in the structuring, execution and delivery of credit solutions, prepare related materials including proposal memo and data analysis, liaises with client advisors (bankers, investors, client service specialists), risk, legal and operations partners, manage the deal execution process to completion.
- Interacts with client advisors and credit risk team in handling lending-related enquiries and following up on outstanding items
- Understands the bank's credit risk framework and maintain a high level of awareness around any potential credit issues; able to resolve the issue and/or escalate to senior team members as required.
- Be familiar with the bank's credit documentation, including the terms and conditions, the structure and its relevance to a transaction.
- Proactively resolve exceptions, open items and transactional issues - including but not limited to margin call situations, covenant breaches, non-standard pricing, facilities review, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions.
- Assist the team in preparing presentations and marketing materials, produce ad-hoc and regular management reporting, stress test scenarios, data analysis, and any other team initiatives.
Personal Attributes & Requirements
- Degree in finance or related field
- 8-12 years of experience working in credit risk, credit documentation or lending experience (preferably, but not necessarily, in a Private Bank).
- High proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, knowledge and experience of systems such as Bloomberg is advantageous
- High level of attention to detail to ensure all work adheres to credit policy and bank's standard
- Teamwork ethic and focus; ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with teams from different backgrounds
- Should be flexible with EMEA shifts
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.