Qualified Professional - Experienced
Work from Office
CA - Qualified
- Analysis and implementation of local regulations applicable to the business, with specific focus on HKMA/MAS/PRA etc. rules and related regulations.
- Preparation and review of the local regulatory reporting to local regulators, ensuring flawless delivery of regulatory obligations.
- Interact with upstream CFO and non-CFO teams, such as Group Ops, to ensure data requirements are understood and met in a timely and adequate manner.
- Liaison with IT and infrastructure teams on regulatory reporting matters.
- Build and manage an excellent day to day professional relationship with team and stakeholders
- Respond in a timely and accurate manner to any queries raised by regulators, line management or other stakeholders regarding Local Regulatory reporting.
- Ensure control policies and processes are complied with and ensure adequate procedural documentation for regulatory reporting activities.
- Contribute in the implementation of new and enhanced controls (including input data quality controls for regulatory reporting and other monitoring processes) and risk mitigating actions to ensure adequate control are in place.
- Act promptly on warning signals to minimize financial and operational risk and ensure timely compliance with internal controls and standards.
- Ensure adequate, timely, complete and transparent communication and escalation to line management.
Support internal and external audits.
- Support ad hoc requirement and organisation/region wide projects such as system implementation, change management
Education:- Chartered Accountant or Masters in Finance. Certifications, If Any
Experience:- Minimum 6 years of post-qualification experience in Controllership - Finance, Accounting and Regulatory reporting preferably in Banking Industry
• High level of knowledge in regulatory reporting and financial accounting, including a good understanding of current and pipeline regulatory and accounting changes
• High entity control and reporting experience in a financial services business preferably in banking industry
• Ability to understand and challenge technically complex regulatory topics
• Good understanding of line of businesses in banking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary as the position requires engagement with different departments, regular onshore connects, engagement with technology partners etc.
• Driven to learn and develop new skills
• Dynamic, high energy, solid work ethic, willing to take on new initiatives
• Self-motivated and independent having a control mind-set
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and deliver as well as able to adapt to changes
• Able to work in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
• Able to excel and influence in a cross-functional team structure
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word and MS Access
• Exposure to Emerging technologies like Alteryx, Tableau, UiPath, etc.
• RDPS/Lombrd Risk/Axiom experiences are preferred
• Oracle/SAP experiences are preferred