CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
About the Employer
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $3.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Global Finance & Business Management ("GF&BM") India is a combined LOB-aligned (Line of Business-aligned) finance & business support team located in India and is part of JPMorgan's global capability center (GCC). We are part of the Office of the CFO (OCFO) organization within JPMorgan, which has 13000+ people across the globe, majority of whom are tasked with managing the firm's Finance function, responsible for reporting quarterly earnings and complying with regulatory requirements along with managing the firm's capital.
GF&BM India was established in September 2002 and currently we have a network of more than 3400+ professionals based out of our Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad offices who support four main "pillars" of work - Controllers, Planning & Analysis, Finance Operations and Business Client & Products. The teams in India are aligned to the respective LOBs that they support which include Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Commercial Banking (CB), Consumer and Community Banking (CCB), Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) and Corporate/Firmwide functions.
We have a strong culture that embodies the principles that guide us in how we do business across the firm. We strive to create a workplace that values and respects individual viewpoints, while at the same time challenging the status quo to make continuous improvements in our processes.
JPMorgan is an equal opportunity employer and places high value on diversity and inclusion. We recognize that our people are our strength and diversity of thought and practices makes us more successful.
The current opening is within Markets Financial Control in Mumbai which forms part of the FAIR LOB within GF&BM India.
About the Team
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The regional locations covered by FAIR include EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa), North America and Asia.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank to ensure the firm's financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm's financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by FAIR include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process
- Work closely with line of business controllers, middle office, and operations
- Work with the businesses to ensure understanding of monthly profit and loss
- Manage the monthly consolidation of JPMorgan Chase income statement and balance sheet
- Develop and maintain financial reports and schedules
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Participate in all aspects of the production of the monthly financial Flash Report
- Support ad-hoc requests for financial information received from across the firm
- Proficient desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Proficient organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of the firm's products
- Comfort liaising with business and risk partners while building and maintaining relationships
- Ability to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements and influence others to deliver solutions
- Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system and general ledger systems across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field
- Basic knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- CPA license beneficial in some FAIR roles but not required
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.