CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Req Id : 74221
Job Title : Payroll Associate
Business Unit sector : CPL-BEFIN-FINANCE
Department: BVCPL-ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS
Work Location : INMUMBAI2
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project: No
Recruiter : Daniel Miranda
Responsible for the processing of payrolls for large domestic and/or international entities with bi-weekly and monthly pay cycles in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with BandV policies and basic payroll principles. This responsibility insures that BandV complies with all payroll procedures and tax mandated requirements. Includes quarterly and annual reports/audits of payroll tax. Provides resolution of basic issues. Serves as technical advisor to professionals and management related to payroll issues and programs. Works under frequent supervision.
- Processes payroll for large domestic and/or international entities with bi-weekly and monthly pay cycles
- May include but not limited to: pay sheet creation for employees; gross to net pay calculations; knowledge of
- payroll principles; withholding rules for voluntary deductions; and processing "off cycle" payroll checks as a result of layoffs and severance payments etc , uploading payroll files to outsourced vendors for processing
- Reconciles various general deduction reports for professionals' deduction withholdings
- Coordinates various benefit/compensation file uploads with IT support staff for payroll process for assigned entities
- Set-up child support and garnishment orders and submit for payment for assigned entities
- Processes payroll tax payments for designated Black and Veatch entities
- Provides assurance to management that payroll tax data processed is accurate and compliant
- Provides wire transfer requests to Treasury for 401k/Pension funding, benefit account funding as well as payroll bank account funding for assigned entities
- Audits and corrects journal entries for assigned entities
- May create and assist Statutory Accountants with journal vouchers for payroll tax payments and accurate reporting of international payroll data into the financial system
- Assists fellow co-workers in reviewing payroll output or reports
Post Payroll Processing:
- Handles retroactive calculations and payments as appropriate for assigned entities
- Liaison to ETS coordinators tracking and reviewing late timesheets and adjusted timesheets for assigned entities Reviews adjusted timesheets for reasonableness
- Advises ETS coordinators of procedures for late and adjusted timesheets
- May process tax balance adjustments for accurate quarterly and annual reporting
- May process international tax reporting monthly
- May process annual international bonus payments
- May provide invoice payments to international payroll provider
- Serves as a specialist having technical knowledge
- Generates and provides various payroll reports (system provided and ad hoc) and queries to Payroll Manager for reconciliation purposes
- Responsible for processing the balance and difference report and process
- Researches reconciliation issues
- Reconciles payroll payments for non-assigned entities
- Assists IT Support and Payroll Manager in testing program changes to the payroll system
- May set up international banking information for global coordination in PeopleSoft
- Answers inquiries as designated from the Payroll general inquiry box
- Annually assists payroll manager with year end vacation payout process
- Assists with additional projects, as assigned
Supervisory and Resource Management:
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement
Primary Internal Clients:
- Payroll team, Treasury, HR, Department Heads, and ETS Coordinators
- As a necessary aspect of the management, personnel or pay administration functions, this position has access to confidential personnel records and pay information not otherwise available
- This position is responsible for protecting and maintaining the privacy of such records and information
- Experience in Payroll processing, statutory compliance, Provident fund, Income tax.
- Experience in Investment Proofs Validation, (Gathering & Validating).
- Experience in Income quarterly return and has got knowledge of Traces Portal. This should include preparation and upload/submission of returns.
- Dealing/Dealt with EPFO Office and working on EPFO portal and Other Statutory bodies.
- Actively Involved in Payroll Processing and Pay Roll Calculations.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience. Typically 2+ years related experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment. Extensive keyboarding, no travel, limited overtime.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.