CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title: Performance Architect
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Deliver volume and performance testing engagement for End to End testing projects in Personal Banking. Own and drive complete VPT lifecycle from planning to clouser. Deliver project on time with defined quality and standards. Manage project stake holders. Innovate and implement new ideas to create value add for VPT team
What will you be doing?
- Engagement with Program/Project
- Overall responsibility for quality and governance and the performance of the systems.
- Ensure adherence to testing governance and processes
- Ensuring that no large scale performance problems hit production.
- Stakeholder management
- Demonstrate Barclays Guiding principles
- Effective and proactive planning to execute end to end VPT of a project/programme.
- Ensure VPT deliverables (VPT Test Strategy, Performance Test Plans, Test Model, Test Closure reports) are of highest quality
- Define testing strategy with clearly written detailed test approach for each of the in-scope Activities from VPT point of view.
- Facilitate defect triage so that all appropriate teams including own team participate in speedy resolution
- Drive collaboration between the VPT, Componant Application Development Team , support and business teams to ensure quality of delivery VPT .
- Provide accurate and timely status reports and project metrics to various levels of stakeholders and as agreed by the project and QA leadership team.
- Track all testing Risks/Issues/Dependencies/Assumptions from beginning of the project till closure and Highlight before hand to Programme and Project.
- Escalate any issues to Portfolio Test Lead and Program Manager as appropriate and in timely manner and provide options to resolve the issues from VPT point of View.
What we’re looking for:
Performance Testing :
- Experienced in identifying Volume and Performance testing scope through explicit and implicit test requirements.
- Able to Interface effectively with business and technical stakeholders for requirements and design clarifications
- Experience in Assessing the VPT Approach based on non functional requirements(NFRs).
- Strong skills with Load Runner/HP Performance Center required script creation using VuGen for primarily JAVA based scripts. Also knowledge of Web (HTTP/HTML), Web services, etc. protocols (as applicable) to emulate the application.Extensive experience on Scripting, good at Correlation, Parameterization, Error Handling.
- Experience in both Client side, Server side, Monitoring and profiling tools using OS resources Perfmon, HP SiteScope, JVisualVm, NMON, and Dynatrace.
- Thorough understanding of API Architecture and Impact of Various Componant on VPT.
- Should have Excellent experience in Log Analysis.
- Should possess strong understanding of E2E VPT and Response time breakup of all Downsteram systems.
- Should have understanding of App Dynamics.
- Should have good understanding of Databases(Oracle, Mongo DB2 ) and impact of varioud DB concepts on VPT.
- Should have strong understanding of Test Environment Apporach.
- Should have experinace on Alayzing the Hardware parameters (CPU, Memory , Netwrok and IO operations) during VPT.
- Good understanding of Throughput , Response time and defining the thresolds for various VPT Parameters.
- Should have Knowledege of Service virtulaization using CA DevTest.
- Should have strong understanding of Jenkins.
- Should have strong understanding of Cloud Infrasturecture like AWS, OpenShift.
- Knowledge of any programming Langauge like Java, Python or C# will be an added advantage.
- Knowleadge of JMeter will be an added Advantage.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Graduate with technical background
- Load Runner/HP Performance Center
- Diagnostic and monitoring tools like CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc.
- Banking Domain Experiance
- 6+ years of experience in Volume and Performance Testing .
- Domain/Testing/Technical certification will be an advantage
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Pervious Barclays Exepriance
- Hands-on for different performance testing like Batch, MQ, BigData, Cetrix , Database performance testing and tunning
- Understding of Mainfarmes and Barclays Systems will be an added Advantage.
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies like Aws, Azure.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.