Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Additional Job Description
Job Title- VP – MVRM Change
The Change function is responsible for initiating, driving and implementing change related programmes across all functions affecting market risk. This includes strategic change projects, process improvements on Market Risk management as well as managing the requirements definition and implementation of major global regulatory projects and other cross-divisional projects where Market Risk and Valuations are a stakeholder.
Prudent Valuation is part of CRD4 and targets the increased certainty in the Banks valuation of Balance Sheet held at Fair Value. It is a Capital Deduct item of material impact to the Bank, with Regulatory Technical Standards to support its calculation.
The Bank is undergoing a large scale programme to implement Prudent Valuation Calculations onto Strategic Infrastructure, Kannon. This includes both improvements and changes to the valuation methodologies as well as implementation onto strategic infrastructure.
This project spans multiple functions such as Valuations Control, Model Validation team and GSA (Group Strategic Analytics). The role will be to help lead the Pru val Programme, a key regulatory initiative for DB. It will require a strong VP to manage the planning, delivery, reporting and escalation as well as foster and manage relationships across key stakeholders. This would require strong team and stakeholder management, timely project management, liaising with other divisions and a central PMO to ensure migrations meet the required deadlines as well as timely escalation and reporting where required.
What we’ll offer you
As part of our flexible scheme, here are just some of the benefits that you’ll enjoy
- Best in class leave policy
- Gender neutral parental leaves
- 100% reimbursement under childcare assistance benefit (gender neutral)
- Sponsorship for Industry relevant certifications and education
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members
- Comprehensive Hospitalization Insurance for you and your dependents
- Accident and Term life Insurance
- Complementary Health screening for 35 yrs. and above
Your key responsibilities
The specific role comprises of following responsibilities:
- Understanding of Valuation function with regards to Prudent Valuation.
- Tightly manage plans and deliverables with escalation as appropriate
- Lead activities, provide steering and guidance to the implementation team and regular updates to stakeholders involved with the RTB adoption
- Present fact based recommendations in a clear, logical and concise way.
- Resolve or (where appropriate) escalate issues and risks and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- Work closely with GSA team to translate business requirements into technical specs in line with proposed business case
- Communicate effectively with business users, GSA, Methodology and other key stakeholders on project goals and milestones.
- Assist with project management activities to ensure designated projects progress are measurable against business benefit, timelines and budget while highlighting any RAID items to the program board.
- Ensuring consistency by full analysis and arranging analysis and forum to bring inconsistencies to closure
- Supplying analytical data and scenario analysis through to Opco, Steerco and working groups
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and knowledge of Valuation or/and Market Risk VaR along with other market risk matrices.
- A candidate with hybrid experience as a BA/PM
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrable experience as a business analyst or product manager
- Good experience in managing a Portfolio of risk projects
- Data Analysis Skills: Ability to navigate a database; Ability to reconcile and compare data and calculation results, perhaps in UAT impact vs baseline
- Business Analysis Skills: Strong experience in writing Business Requirements and experience in using JIRA
- Business & Functional testing skills: ability to write runbooks; Ability to present the results data and any variances clearly to Valuation team
- Excellent communication skills able to independently conduct meetings and present to senior stakeholders audience.
- Able to cope well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Comfortable working with and facing off with members across all risk departments ie methodology, production, regulation, risk managers and IT
- Technical Skills: Good working knowledge of SQL, MS Excel, VBA, JIRA
- Experience of working in an Agile process framework
- Certification such as FRM or CFA or CQF is preferred
How we’ll support you
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
About us and our teams
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.