CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title: Credit Sanctioner
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- Member of the Credit Risk team that is responsible for Global Credit Risk management of a portfolio of counterparty groups domiciled in India
- Provide oversight, advice and challenge as a 2nd line of defence from credit risk management perspective under Enterprise Risk Management Framework (ERMF) – Credit Risk is one of the eight principal risks under the framework and typically arises from our core client and customer focused activities of lending and trading. The incumbent is expected to also be aware of the other seven risks (e.g. Market Risk, Treasury & Capital, Operational Risk, Conduct Risk, Reputational Risk, Legal Risk and Model Risk) when performing duties.
- Understand and implement the risk management process using the structured and practical process of a) Evaluate, b) Respond and c) Monitor as laid down under the ERMF framework.
- Engage in supporting continued growth of business and managing relationships of Barclays business and clients based on specialist expertise and knowledge whilst keeping sound Risk Management Standards and judgment.
- Contribute to the ongoing identification and mitigation of Risks through the assessment of external influences and internal changes. Upon occurrence of a risk event, carry out root cause analysis which covers 1) identifying possible control/behaviour failures, b) lessons learnt for future risk assessment and c) documentation of control issues and timelines of resolution.
- Ensuring that the key principles under the covered portfolio are maintained within the agreed risk appetite, which is constantly evaluated per circumstances and macro-economic situation.
- Engage in assessing business proposals and identifying risks and recommending appropriate credit terms keeping Barclays’ commercial interests in mind.
- Timely and accurate reporting of counterparty exposures for senior management purposes
What will you be doing?
- Sanction proposals generated by the team using any delegated discretions.
- Conducting due diligence/credit analysis of proposals beyond discretions, presenting and recommending larger/complex credit proposals to senior management/ Senior Sanctioners.
- Evaluate credit risk in transactions by taking a holistic view ensuring coverage of the Principal Risks and any material impact on achievement of Barclays objectives. The credit analysis should include sections such as industry/peer/sensitivity analysis which provides the senior risk management detailed information about counterparty’s credit quality.
- Take individual ownership of transactions from initiation to credit sanction by interacting with relevant stakeholders and undertake complete diligence using exhaustive approach to assess credit metrics and debt servicing ability by continuously challenging assumptions in the projected business case ensuring judicious deployment of bank’s capital.
What We’re Looking For
- CA or MBA (Finance)
- Relevant Prior experience in credit risk management and preferably in Sanctioning Role
- Ability to write comprehensive credit proposals, including but not limited to, analysing company accounts, assessing cash flows, modelling cash flow projections, undertaking basic industry comparative studies and making appropriate counterparty and transactional recommendations.
Skills That Will Help You In The Role
- Experience in credit risk management at a major Bank & Good understanding of investment and corporate Banking products
- Ability to interpret company’s financial performance by way of cash flow, balance sheet and P&L, coupled with strong financial analysis skills.
- Ability to conduct effective client due diligence and obtain required information through interaction with client and / or coverage
- Ability to understand business environment and key risk drivers, carrying out comprehensive credit assessment and making appropriate and succinct recommendations under time pressure.
- Working knowledge of facility documentation. Ability to apply suitable terms in legal documents
- IT competence including experience with MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Solid administration and follow up skills
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.