CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
The Finance Analyst will focus on operational excellence in the delivery of the process. They will build a deep knowledge of the outputs required and ways of working to deliver these, along with
the tools and systems that are an integral enabler of the process. They will work in collaboration with colleagues in R&A and their peers from other processes where operational excellence or data integrity impacts on the R&A delivery. The role requires an ability to deliver the appropriate metrics and drive interventions either directly or via timely escalation.
- Understanding all Shell internal group reporting and analysis requirements for Holdings and Treasury entities whilst ensuring key controls and reconciliations are carried out per the reporting timetable.
- Responsible for preparing and completing the quarterly Group Return close process as well as latest estimates.
- Proactively liaise with the different functions, providing business and finance support to upstream as well as downstream.
- Play an active role in ensuring integrity of MRD within the ERP system (SERP) and ensuring all reporting requirements are met.
- Timely and effective responses to special data/project requests.
- Ensuring the creation, maintenance and update of process and procedures documentation.
- Assisting with the Business Assurance process.
- Assisting with providing financial guidance and ensuring compliance with relevant Group, IFRS and Statutory requirements.
- Ensuring timely preparation/review, audit and filing of statutory accounts.
- Working with external audit firms including senior managers, directors & partners pertaining to multiple countries and offices.
- Manage co-ordination/support for the audit.
- Working closely with other teams like tax, legal, transaction processing Group Reporting etc.
- Ensuring compliance with standard internal controls associated with the statutory reporting process.
- Should be focused and result oriented.
- Ensure timely preparation/review of Financial Statements and supporting work papers for Legal Entities consistent with the requirements of the appropriate regulatory reporting framework within agreed timelines.
- Coordinating the statutory audit/ Group Audit, which would involve preparing/requesting input, required for audits, validating inputs received and sharing with auditors, coordinating for replies to queries raised by auditors and successfully close out the audit within agreed time.
- Leads/participates and manages migrations of a wide range of additional new scope of statutory reporting activities and ensures optimization of activity execution and resources
- The role is technically demanding and requires in-depth knowledge of accounting concepts, international and country specific accounting standards and audit process.
- Managing peak period while ensuring seamless and timely delivery of financial statements and filing of statutory reports (financial statements).
Playing a key role in the delivery of financial reporting for their area of accountability. The role
requires high tolerance of shifting planning and business priorities while maintaining the day to day
activities. This position has several spikes in workload. The expectation is that we work as a team to complete the tasks and everyone supports everyone else. It will be essential to work closely with a number of senior stakeholders who might have different priorities. Adapt quickly to changing priorities whilst still delivering timely and accurate information despite the changing requirements and timelines.
Skills and requirements:
- Must be qualified accountant with 2-4 years of experience or having equivalent relevant experience.
- Thorough understanding of financial and management accounting.
- Good understanding of IND AS/ and IFRS accounting Standards and reporting requirements
- Good system skills, knowledge of SAP/ SERP advantageous
- Prior experience of and willingness to have hands on involvement in the day to day financial activities and provision of MI essential.
- Analytical, systems/process and accounting skills, with the ability to recognize underlying issues and develop appropriate resolutions.
- Flexibility in working hours will be essential in peak times such as quarter end.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.