CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
The Risk Quantitative Development (RQD) Model Implementation team helps modelers implement their models into production. Our activities include perform hands-on coding primarily using Scalaspark and Pyspark to implement complex regulatory or risk models in production. This team is also responsible for validating output of models with modeling team before it can be implemented in production environment. Other functionalities include creating reports and dashboards for data management, model execution and governance.
This is a Development and ops role and the candidate will be a hands-on technical member of the Model Implementation team, and will work closely with the Modeling team, Data Management and other technology team members within the firm. It is expected to work on multiple business use case and implement robust framework with flexibility to easily integrate new features and dimensions. Apart from working and supporting the model development activities Team also manages the model development infrastructure and support hundreds of user on these platforms for any software, libraries, packages required for ML model development.
The candidate must be a talented programmer with the skills listed below and a pro-active problem solver with someone who can collaborate with. In addition, the candidate must exhibit a thorough understanding of model implementation, data structures, data manipulation, distributed processing, application development, and automation. The candidate must have a solid understanding of consumer financial products, data systems and data environments, and processes that are necessary for the implementation of Risk and Finance models.
candidate will be a member of the teams that designs and develops robust automated solutions in partnership with Model Design teams and other stake-holder groups in Risk and Finance. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills and an understanding of data systems, and will execute the end-to-end implementation effort.
- Develop, test, and maintain data and analytics needed for risk and finance models
- Process analysis and process improvement,
- Create and maintain technical documentation,
- Contribute to the group's knowledge base by finding new and valuable ways to approach problems and projects.
- Deliver high-quality results under tight deadlines
- Experience manipulating and summarizing large quantities of data.
- Knowledge of the consumer lending lifecycle, including loan origination, sale/servicing, default management/loss mitigation
- Manage multiple deliverables to different business groups and ability to build stronger customer relationships.
- Collaborate with the appropriate individuals (LOB users, Subject Matter Experts, Architects, DBAs, etc.) to design and implement the appropriate solution
- Working with System administrators, users, and other development team to manage enhancements and issues
- Degree in computer science or a numerate subject (e.g. engineering, sciences, or mathematics) or Bachelor's degree with 8 years of experience, or Master's degree with 6 years of experience.
- 8+ years of professional development experience on any of the programming language e.g. pySpark, scala, Python, big data tech stack, unix, shell scripting etc
- Solid understanding of object oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
- Should have good hands on experience in working with Hadoop Distribution platform like Cloudera, Hortonworks, and advanced knowledge and experience in Bigdata Hadoop components Spark, Hive and Impala.
- Should have experience in managing large Machine Learning Platform with petabytes of storage to develop and train the Machine Learning Models using Python, and support advanced Machine Learning tools like XgBoost, Tensorflow, Dask and Anaconda Packages like Pandas, Mathplotlib, Numpy, Scipy etc.
- Should have experience in creating the platform design and onboarding for Bigdata environment and managing a large cluster with huge user base to support the platform activities. Also should have experience in planning and onboarding infrastructure needs like Cluster Compute, VSIs, NAS Storage to support the busines use cases across different LOBs.
- Should have experience in setting up the platform controls and governance process by designing user access controls, Hadoop permissions and Sentry roles, and Unix Keon and Sophia roles. Also should have experience in installing new tools or packages in line with firm wide control process for Machine Learning Model Development in Bigdata platform.
- Should have good understanding and knowledge in design, development and support of the Machine Learning Models using the Graph Database. Should have knowledge in Graph database software installation, configuration and upgrades, and also in troubleshooting performance bottlenecks and query optimization.
- Should have good understanding and knowledge in planning and managing AWS Cloud infrastructure, and enabling necessary platform security by using best in class Cloud Security Solutions. Also should have hands on experience in migrating Spark applications from Bigdata Hadoop platform to AWS Cloud using AWS EMR, S3 Buckets, EBS and EC2 Instances.
- Should have experience in the platform monitoring tools like Geneos for monitoring the server utilization and in setting up the thresholds and performance alerts. Should have hands on experience in developing automation scripts using Python and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Good oral and written communication skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.