CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
About the role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Specialist to join our global Peer and Practitioner Research team. This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to the full range of HR leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Specialist will be responsible for investigating, analyzing and writing on critical issues facing senior executives in leading global corporations. This individual will work on a wide range of written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods – interview executives at leading global corporations, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches and synthesize information to elicit key insights – to help organizations transform the way they operate. The Specialist must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and solve business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, survey design, benchmarking, and other qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Conduct research by speaking with senior executives, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches.
- Collaborate on creation of key research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, white papers, case studies, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, how-to guides, or custom research requests.
- Be a key member of the research team and contribute to the entire project life-cycle – from conception to completion and presentation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the executives’ workflow to create actionable and insightful content
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK and Singapore as a part of global research initiatives.
What you will need:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with particular attention to precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity/uncertainty (e.g., changing factors, limited information)
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Master's (Sociology, History, Philosophy, Literature, MBA, etc.) or PhD degree
- 0-3 years of research and/or management consulting experience
What you will get:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on the job learning
- A great work culture
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +91-XXXXXXXXXX or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:67885
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy