CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
Job Title: Technical Lead
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
- As a Tech Lead, you will have to understand business requirements and also have the ability to translate application/system functionality into Design Changes
- Working closely with the Data Governance / CDO team to understand the Critical Data Element (CDE) and their impact on Data Quality issues and also SOX /DQ controls
- Performing gap analysis between existing SOX/DQ controls and the data governance/data reconciliation tool capability.
- Ensuring of data quality issues are being monitored and tracked to closure
- This role is for a Ab-initio ETL Lead within Consumer Finance programme. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the technical delivery for medium to large scale projects.
- This is a hands-on technical role with direct responsibility for the deliveries. The role requires strong technical knowledge.
- The individual will form part of a team comprising of more than 5 people and will focus on Technical Deliveries and maintaining existing code base.
What will you be doing?
- Building good hold on ETL applications technically and functionally knowing in and out of application
- Understanding the requirement, performing analysis and converting it into test scenarios and test cases
- Leading and performing end-to-end build and delivery of the systems including functional and technical validations.
- Co-ordinating and communicating directly with technical teams and Finance stakeholders
- Manage/ escalate risks and issues to resolution. Implement solutions to prevent repetition of known/new issues/risks and share knowledge of lessons learned
- Designing and coding in Ab-initio; strong knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, Shell scripting and Tivoli.
- Maintain existing code base, ensuring existing functionality continues to work and quality is maintained or improved where such opportunities exist.
- Be responsible for providing L3 support for production applications.
- Ability to learn and adapt without supervision, able to solve problems creatively.
- Contribute to the DevOps initiatives of the team by being involved in the delivery pipeline right through to production
What we’re looking for:
- Strong SQL writing and data analytical skills on ETL/Data warehousing solutions
- Good knowledge of ETL Tools – Ab>Initio, Informatica, Hadoop
- Exposure to Devops tools and lean methodology.
- Proven track record of data analytics, validations and issues investigations
- Strong reporting and communication skills dealing directly with stakeholders
- Strong experience of Unix Shell Scripting
- Experience of job schedulers
- Ability to work on a number of tasks on a variety of different projects at the same time
- Ability to build effective relationships with technical team and stakeholders
- Excellent understanding of the full SDLC lifecycle including waterfall, agile and DevOps methodologies
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Awareness of various testing and analytical methodologies and tools
- Able to solve problems with data to understand relevance of it to the wider objective.
- Banking knowledge preferred
- Certification in AWS technologies
- Flexible and adaptable working style to work with multiple stakeholders
- Previous experience within Finance, Treasury and Risk functions
- High attention to detail
- Ability to produce clear, concise, well-structured documents
- Ability to keep track on multiple tasks and follow ups where needed
- Good Technical & Business communication skills
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Question whether things can be done better. Use insights based on data to inform decisions. Be curious about how we can adapt and improve. Speak up and be open to alternative viewpoints.
Focus on outcomes. Deliver with pace. Be passionate and ambitious about what we do. Take personal responsibility. Actively build collaborative relationships to get things done.