CA, CFA, CMA, MBA, MCOM/BCOM
Work from Office
Any Post Graduation
The Product & Team
Fusion Banking comprises a suite of award-winning core banking solution, covering all aspects of banking – from retail, to corporate, to universal. With Fusion Banking Corporate, banks deliver the improvements in processing and agility needed to compete, and the freedom to innovate on service. Our suite of products is the most comprehensive available and can be delivered in a modular way to offer world-class, truly integrated, corporate banking solutions.
Fusion Corporate Channels (FCC) is a modern, J2EE, SOA based e-banking solution, which is unique integrated e-business solution offering a full-featured console to seamlessly connect to their banks in order to complete their commercial banking functions while simultaneously accessing a wide range of features to follow-up with these activities. FCC provide customers with secure, online access and self-service capabilities for all commercial banking functions through a unified portal that combines trade finance, lending, cash and treasury services modules on an integrated digital platform. Harmonise global transaction services with a platform for business expansion and channel innovation.
Expert Software Engineer
As a member of the Finastra Development team for Fusion Corporate Channels your responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Responsible for analysing requirements as per functional and technical specifications, developing and reviewing code.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with dynamically changing requirements
- To develop and deliver efficient code with high quality and high performance to client.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules and timelines.
- Manages day- to- day individual workload, identifies / mitigates project risks. Promotes teamwork in problem resolution.
- Participate in daily sprint discussions and provide updates on the activities assigned. Work on collaboration tools such as JIRA to reflect development progress.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems. Analyse and resolve issues identified during testing.
- Work with QA to ensure the connector code conforms to internal standards.
- Contribute to Code Reviews and team meetings
- Support and train junior members in the team
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application and should be in a position to provide design recommendations.
The Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The role reports into Director, Development
- Must have first class Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Masters in Computers from an accredited college/ university
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Proven 8+ years working experience in Java enterprise application development, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems and knack for writing clean, readable Java code.
- Must be familiar with the full project lifecycle, for both development and support projects, including estimation.
- Must have Technical Skills
- Core Java/J2EE
- Java Design patterns
- Data Structures & Multithreading
- SQL (Database: DB2/MSSQL/MySQL/SQL server)
- Webservice (SOAP/REST)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as SVN, GIT etc.
- Proficient in configuring any of the Web servers like Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, IBM Websphere, JBOSS etc.
- Technically savvy and able to ramp up on new technologies quickly. Self-taught developer and technical skills will also be considered an asset.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of the technical architecture for a software solution.
- Expertise with build tools such as Ant/Maven.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.