Work from Office
The Accounting Supervisor or Senior Finance Analyst is responsible for the preparation and analysis of financial studies and reports and act as a strategic partner providing timely and concise reporting & recommendations to improve results and performance to ensure successful contract & operational management and execution. Should have strong accounting and finance knowledge and experience to perform the responsibilities as described below.
• Analyzes foreign exchange positions.
• Prepares and analyzes annual budgets, including monthly variance analysis and financial forecasts.
• Responsible for reviewing and reconciling receivable accounts, cash flow management and forecasting, and collection of past due receivables.
• Prepares and manages accounting activities, transactions, preparing month end accruals, journal entries and maintaining financial statements.
• Assist with development or maintenance of EAC (estimate at complete) files and analysis for long term projects in support of revenue recognition.
• Prepares financial analyses and financial metrics dashboards in support of financial statements, cash flow projections, debt service schedules and other financial studies.
• Prepares monthly invoices and submit timely billing to the customer.
• Supports financial reporting for the customer.
• Provides oversight for AP process.
• Assist Business Manager in support of all sector level reporting, including creation of unbilled analysis and cash management plans.
• Partner with various business groups including Operations to ensure contractual requirements are met and financial health of the project is maintained.
• Studies business methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, or implement cost reductions.
• May specialize in project finance, financial analysis, or cash management.
• Develops, interprets, and implements highly complex financial/accounting concepts and advanced techniques for financial planning and control.
• Manage quick turnaround requests for senior management in a fast-paced work environment.
• Works on highly complex projects requiring independent judgment and the practical application of advanced financial theory.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and technical skills.
• Under close supervision, performs a variety of assignments requiring the knowledge and ability to select and apply standard financial techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or demonstrated equivalent.
• Good oral and written communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Costpoint, Essbase, Hyperion, Cognos, Project Accounting
• 8+ years of professional experience.
• Experience preparing and analyzing annual budgets, monthly variance analysis and financial forecasts.
• Experience working with different contract types.