CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM, CS
Audit & Control
Work from Office
Assistant Manager (Record to Report - RTR) (if this role is posted on our website, pls add the link to the same)
Your department: Finance & Corporate Services
Global Business Services
- Ensures timely and accurate delivery of General Ledger accounting services in accordance with US GAAP
- Understands proper accounting treatment for all General Ledger accounting services provided by the Hyderabad Shared Service Center (SSC), including but not limited to compensation accounting, revenue recognition, expense accruals, lease accounting, cash accounting, and investments.
- Ensures the Hyderabad General Ledger SSC staff executes all assignments in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Accounting services will include but are not limited to preparation of the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K, regulatory filings, board reports, management reporting, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis, compliance with auditor and SOX requirements, and providing ad hoc reporting to support accounting inquiries.
- Provides daily direction to General Ledger staff, sets priorities, and ensures staff are aware of critical deadlines or changes in policy or procedures
- Proactively identifies potential work bottlenecks or peaks in work volume and identifies plans to ensure team is able to meet agreed upon deadlines
- Ensures timely distribution of standard GL reports to corporate and business units
- Ensures General Ledger staff is providing financial data and analysis to support Corporate Controller’s local statutory audit requirements
- Provide Thought leadership with focus on improving the business process and encourage teams to ideate or identify process improvement opportunities and flag it off to Function leadership.
- Leads and Guides team in execution of approved continuous improvement and process improvement opportunities
- Supports GBS transition team to migrate additional general ledger accounting services to Hyderabad SSC, which includes assisting with the creation of transition plans and training materials, development of SLA’s, and participation in stabilization efforts
- Reviews, provides input, and signs off on R2R desktop procedures documented by General Ledger Hyderabad SSC staff
- Executes approved remediation of areas not meeting established service level obligations
- Participates in special projects as required by the Finance GBS leadership team including initiatives and priorities related to Upskilling, Employee engagement etc.
- Interviews, hires, orients, trains, motivates, evaluates, disciplines, and when necessary discharges subordinate personnel in conjunction with the Human Resources and Finance GBS leadership team.
Knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); understanding of internal control elements; strong problem solving and analytical skills; good interpersonal skills; ability to manage team members and deliverables; good written and oral communication skills; highly organized; ability to meet strict deadlines; ability to interview, hire, and train employees; excellent customer service skills; ability to plan, assign, and direct work; ability to multi-task
8 to 10 years of accounting experience, specifically in the Record-to-Report process; Experience with accounting and financial systems, preferably Oracle; Experience in Record to Report process improvement and application systems implementation; knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Structured, disciplined approach to work with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and flexible to deliver amid uncertainty (e.g., imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, changing priorities)
- Multi-tasker and self-motivated; capable of working under limited or no supervision
- Positive and constructive team player with good communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple changing priorities along with day-to-day responsibilities
- Sound analytical and reporting skills, ability to understand complicated topics, apply critical thinking and judgement.
- Keenness and aptitude to learn, upskill and mentor in the respective technical domain
- Able to work in a global, multicultural environment
Education & Certifications
A Master’s Degree in Business is required with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance preferred. Knowledge of Financial Services Industry preferred
Certified Public Accountancy or Chartered Accountancy or CA-Inter or CMA a plus
Work hours will be from 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM IST (01:30 PM to 10:30PM IST) and may include late hours and/or weekend support – during close.
Invesco is one of the world’s leading global investment management firms. With over 8000 employees focused on client needs, the firm is entrusted with managing over $1.6 billion in assets under management. The company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with regional offices in 25 countries including the GIC in Hyderabad, India.
We are Inclusive. Committed. Progressive.
We are proud to be a firm that achieves more together. One that is focused on doing work that matters. One that gives a voice to every employee. One that genuinely cares.
Make a difference every day.
Do what matters and drive your growth.
Our ambition is high. At Invesco, we offer work experiences that will inspire and challenge you. When you join Invesco, you will have opportunities to collaborate with a global team to find the best ideas and solutions for our clients and work together in the continuous pursuit of performance excellence.
We offer competitive and performance-driven compensation that rewards your contributions to our clients’ success.
Join our culture of diversity of thought.
Our culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace is demonstrated through our people practices.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity, age, disability, pregnancy, national origin, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.