Work from Office
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $1,416B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 8,000 employees in over 25 countries. (*As of Aug 30, 2022)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
We are looking out for Intermediate Business Analyst to work as part of Front Office Operations (FOO) which is an integral part of Invesco’s Investment Specialized Services team. Front Office Operations is a global team supporting Global Fund Managers for business operations and are directly engaged with the portfolio management process. The Intermediate Business Analyst will work to building efficient front office processes and procedures as well as help support Fund Managers in resolving issues related to their investments process so Fund Managers can focus on alpha generation.
FOO Team is built on five major investment practices and the Analyst would be responsible for supporting those.
- Investment Platform Management - Management and continuous improvement of the investment team operating platform.
- Portfolio Interactions – Monitoring and management of defined support components of the investment portfolio.
- Trade Execution Support - Monitoring and management of defined support components of trading.
- Client and Product Lifecycle – Management of client and product lifecycle activities pertaining to the investment team
- Regulatory and Policy Implementation – Management and implementation of regulations and policies that relate directly to investments.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Working knowledge of operations and end-to-end workflows across the asset classes
- Ability to assist and stay abreast of all front office & middle office operational issues
- Validate completeness and accuracy of data in various data/reports as allocated by front office/fund managers
- Accurately process all the BAU requests and client instructions/requests within the established time frames
- Reconcile, validate, identify, investigate and resolve different discrepancies at the transaction, position and pricing level in various front office applications
- Ensuring all the required reports are provided to the respective groups within the specified timelines
- Monitor workflow rules as appropriate and build necessary controls to manage exceptions, report & escalate as an when needed
- Sound knowledge of Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) business
- Compile data and supporting documentation for internal & external audits, reviews and verification.
- Building of new reports, presentations, documents, data modulation, data representation for various business needs as required by Investments teams
- Transaction processing and ad-hoc tasks as allocated by front office teams
- Support and provide valuable inputs to our business partners on special projects or by contributing new ideas and initiatives
- Effectively communicate with investments, trading team, front office teams, technology, investment services team and other users to resolve issues and escalate problems to the appropriate groups
- Expect to work with stakeholders located in global offices in APAC, EMEA & NA
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an equivalent certificate in Finance, Accounting, Management and Mathematics
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
Work Experience / Knowledge:
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Investment banking/management industry is preferred.
Technical Abilities and/or other Specialized Skills
- It is essential that the analyst has a very good understanding of various asset class that includes Equity, Fixed Income, Credit Default Swaps, Warrants, Futures, Options, etc.
- Knowledge of investment business, buy-side processes, Trade Life Cycle and investment products
- Aptitude for rapid adaptation to new systems/software
- Experience in the middle & front office applications is preferred (Aladdin, CRD, Vestmark, Advent, Eagle Star, FMC, Bloomberg, Factset Etc.)
- Skills in BI Tools, Microsoft Office, MS Access, experience and ability to write and create macros and cohesive documentation.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Responsible & Accountable for the work allocated end to end, self-managed & proactive.
- Drive Continuous improvements & be innovative to create business value
- Process Documentation- Draft, Document, Maintain, review all SOP’s in detail for smooth performance of activity.
- He/she be able to identify and collaborate with various teams to correct any issues in data and ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all information received and reported.
- Excellent organization skills, the ability to work under pressure and attention to detail and accuracy a necessity.
- Self-starter, shows strong self-initiative to meet deliverables and overcome issues.
- Take complete ownership and follow through with tasks until completion.
- Must also demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn while ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Must be able to develop and maintain relationships with management, clients and co-workers and work to fully meet and exceed their needs
- Positive thinking, create energy & the ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical
- Should possess strong written and oral communication skills and can interact well with all levels of management
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperature
- The ability to lift, carry or otherwise move objects of up to 30 pounds is also necessary
- Normally works a prescribed schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends and may have to work in shifts supporting various geographies based on business need
Competency Requirements – Invesco Core:
- Please refer to IPMP manual for competence descriptions
- We are passionate about our clients’ success
- Working together, we achieve more
- We believe in the continuous pursuit of performance excellence
- We earn trust by acting with integrity
- People are the foundation of our success
FSA Training and Competence (UK Only):
Covered by FSA Training and Competence?