CA, CFA, CMA, MCOM/BCOM
Accountant / Accounts Executive
Work from Office
Job Purpose (Job Summary): Under necessary supervision, provides operation support for Derivatives instruments including matching of trades, margins and support Collateral management and Reconciliation. Exercises independent judgment while researching and resolving time critical and risk sensitive issues.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Match the Derivatives trades like Futures, Swaps, and Options and raise discrepancies with appropriate internal parties and brokers.
- Should have knowledge on Variation Margin calculation for Futures and SWAP’s.
- Should have knowledge on SWIFT payments.
- Research on discrepancies with trading desks, custodians and brokers to facilitate timely and accurate settlement of trades.
- Match the margins with brokers and facilitate movement of margin between broker and custodians.
- Support Collateral Management process by matching the collaterals with broker and report excess/deficit collateral.
- Validating ETD Derivatives cash and positions
- Report and track fail trades with broker, custodian and communicate to appropriate Internal teams.
- Proactively contribute ideas and participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Process manual trades in Accounting systems as required
- Maintain and update documentation on Trade Processing global operational procedures
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and rollout support on upgrade/enhancement of applications used in the daily operation
- Maintain and update broker contact sheet and SSIs
- Serve as a mentor to Trade Admin I and provide support / cover for Senior Trade Admin
- Staggering shift work is required on a rotational basis and as defined by manager to provide global business coverage depending on project, assignment or daily trade activity
- Participate in Business Recovery testing on an as-needed basis as defined by manager
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Sound knowledge of investment products globally is required
- Knowledge of Derivative Instruments and EQ/FI Trade Life Cycle
- Must have a working knowledge of 2-5 years of experience in Investment Industry
- A good understanding of the Derivatives Products (Futures, Swaps, Options) and the confirmation and settlement processes for these instruments
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals is required.
- Must show the ability to make quick decisions, establish priorities and concentrate on detailed information under pressure on a daily basis.
- This includes the ability to handle time critical situations while meeting rigorous deadlines.
- Must have the ability to analyse detailed numerical data.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be adept in all Microsoft Office programs, with a special emphasis in Excel.
- Ability to cooperate in a team environment is critical.
- Must establish and maintain relationships with internal teams.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to actively participate in projects.
- Desire to learn new and complex financial instruments and processes.
- Willingness to participate in the development and enhancement processes and productivity.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Math or related field (or an equivalent combination of education, training, experience that would provide the knowledge, skills and ability required)