Work from Office
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more careers.bms.com/working-with-us.
BMS Hyderabad is an integrated global hub where our work is focused on helping patients prevail over serious diseases by building sustainable and innovative solutions. This important science, technology, and innovation center will support a range of technology and drug development activities that will help us usher in the next wave of innovation.
Customer Master – Technical Support Analyst for ROW
As a part of foundational Customer Master Technical operations team, this role will support the overall organization in providing technical operational support for Global Customer Data Access Layer, enhancements, and appropriate upgrades to meet changing business needs. This role will report to Offshore Master Data Management Support and Operations lead and is part of Data Platform team, the team responsible for providing platform engineering and operations services to BMS.
- Manage day to day technical operations and escalations to offshore Customer Master Lead and US Home office
- Responsible for platform support and technical operations for Global Customer Master data access layer, which includes Incident and problem management, work on minor enhancements, system monitoring, supporting platform upgrade activities, issue troubleshooting, Monitoring Jobs, jobs scheduling, notifying downstream consumers on processing delays/failures
- Working closely with Technical lead at offshore and onsite team, develop solutions around extraction and integrations and aid in enhancements for Global Customer Master Data Access Layer to meet business needs
- Design, implement and maintain ETL processes, procedures and policies
- Develops test scripts and conducts Quality Assurance testing against developed solutions to verify functionality prior to User Acceptance testing
- Employs SDLC methods and practices, change control processes, code migration and management tools
- Understands impact of database changes on other systems and applications
- Ensures RUN operations are reliable, accessible, compliant, and secure
- Ensures RUN operations deliver as per SLA’s
- Assist in basic data inquiries, generating critical metrics on Data changes from Publish layers for Business review during MDM releases
- Provides proactive and appropriate communication (written and verbally) to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist users with troubleshooting and data assistance including appropriately raise and escalate issues and/or risk mitigation/management and challenge assumptions
- Participate in Mission/Business critical Incident resolution activities
- Collaborate with Engineering team, Integration team, Enterprise Architecture, Downstream system point of contacts, infrastructure lifecycle management team, etc., as needed
Qualification And Experience
- 4 year bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, MIS or related field; MS or related advanced degree is a plus; 7+ years of Information technology experience in implementation and support of enterprise systems
- Experience with ETL, Oracle database and technologies and associated technical disciplines (SQL scripts, PL/SQL, etc.)
- Good understanding of Data Management principles as well as Cloud Services Platforms, Data Access Layers, and Cloud based integrations.
- Experience in AWS Glue ETL engineering, operationalization, integration with other AWS services like S3 is a plus
- Proven ability working with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Power Point, etc
- Proven experience of working on application development projects; exceptional working knowledge of common SDLC models
- Experience with change control processes, code migration and management tools is required
- Appropriately raise and escalate issues and/or risks and challenge assumptions
- Demonstrates a strong attention to detail and a commitment to process quality, continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Proven experience with Incident resolution management (Includes communication with technical and non-technical stakeholders)
- Experience working in a global setting is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace accommodations/adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request a reasonable workplace accommodation/adjustment prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodations/adjustments in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS cares about your well-being and the well-being of our staff, customers, patients, and communities. As a result, the Company strongly recommends that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and keep up to date with Covid-19 boosters.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.