Work from Office
- Responsible for defining the Source of Truth (SOT), Dataset design for multiple Uber teams.
- Identify unified data models collaborating with Data Science teams.
- Streamline data processing of the original event sources and consolidate them in the source of truth event logs.
- Build and maintain real-time/batch data pipelines that can consolidate and clean up usage analytics.
- Build systems that monitor data losses from different sources and improve data quality.
- Own the data quality and reliability of the Tier-1 & Tier-2 datasets including maintaining their SLAs, TTL, and consumption.
- Devise strategies to consolidate and compensate for the data losses by correlating different sources.
- Solve challenging data problems with cutting-edge design and algorithms.
- 4 years of Data engineering experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large data volumes and backend services.
- Good working knowledge of SQL (mandatory) and any other languages ( Java, Scala, Python).
- Working Experience in ETL, Data pipelines, Data Lake, and Data Modeling fundamentals.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good team player and collaboration skills.
- Experience in data engineering and working with Big data.
- Experience with ETL or Streaming data and one or more of, Kafka, HDFS, Apache Spark, Apache Flink, and Hadoop.
- Good to have experience with backend services and familiarity with one of the cloud platforms ( AWS/ Azure / Google Cloud).
This job was posted by Nishanth Seshadri from Uber.