Work from Office
Applications, Controls & Electrical > Modelling & Analytics Module > Plant Monitoring & Reliability
Plant Monitoring & Reliability Sub Module, within Modelling & Analytics Module (M&A), Part of Vestas Power Solutions, is responsible for the products and services related to Vestas Monitoring and Reliability solutions and offerings.
We have a strong and diverse team that consists of everything from Health Monitoring Engineers/Specialists and Reliability Engineers/ Specialists, Data engineers, Data Analysts, and Data Scientists. The department is responsible for developing world class Plant Monitoring Products & Solutions - Health Monitoring, Condition Monitoring, Power Quality Monitoring, Reliability and VTMs. This ranges across real-time data collection from thousands of power plants with Health Monitoring systems, and data analytics on a Health Monitoring & Reliability setup supporting multiple data applications, Diagnostics, Monitoring solutions for our customers. The goal is to bring down the cost of energy by leveraging the vast amount of data that Vestas collects and stores from power plants around the globe.
Vestas M&A is on a journey of transitioning into a Cloud based data platform for condition monitoring data. You will be the core Data engineer responsible for design and implementation of this transition and become the design owner of the new cloud based platform for modern data product offerings of Condition monitoring data. The primary scope of work will be sourcing of data from distributed on-premise data systems to one centralized Databricks infrastructure.
- Design and support database and table schemas for new and existent data sources
- Translate business needs into technical data designs
- Design and execute implementation of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data pipelines
- Work on feasibility studies of new technologies through proof of concepts
- Work with data science and analytics development teams in Plant Monitoring & Reliability area and cross functional teams across M&A Module and IT teams (Digitalization) to ensure best practice, performance and reliability is in place
- Minimum of 5-7 years Relevant experience with Bachelors or Masters degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Work experience where data engineering and Data warehouse development was a major part of your work
- Experience in automating software deployments & tests, and following a continuous delivery and deployment model
- Experience with mathematical modeling
- Must have Databricks, Spark, Pandas, Python, Azure cloud, Data factory, SQL, Data/DeltaLake, git, Azure DevOps, testing, CI/CD
- Good to have; Cloud infrastructure deployment and IaC, Azure Biceps and ARM templates, Snowflake, Snowpark, Unity Catalog, dbt, Scala/Rust/R
- Familiarity with: Statistics, signal processing, Jupyter notebooks, data testing, and data science best-practices
- Data warehouse data models and proficiency with ETL tools
- MS SQL, SSIS, SSAS (MDX/DAX)
- JIRA or similar tools
- Experience with Cloud platform (SNOWFLAKE)
- Knowledge of Kafka, C#
- DevOps process and associated tools, e.g. Azure DevOps
What We Offer
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and to work in a multicultural and international company, where you have the possibility to improve your skills and develop professionally.
Your primary location will be in Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st July 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.