Work from Office
GDIA Data Tech Connected Vehicle is the business owner of the enterprise data lake for all global embedded modem, Smart Mobility experiment and Ford Pass data. The role of the Data Engineer is a critical enabler to the development of Fords Data Supply Chain including Connected Vehicle data. The engineer will ensure the data standards, information interoperability, data quality, and data availability and fully support the goals of GDIA and the enterprise.
- Work closely with Business team to gather the requirements and other required information
- Coordination between the teams - Business, Analytics, Platform, Infrastructure and other vendors
- Analyze the data and create a design and transformation document based on the requirements for data Landing and transformation.
- Work hands-on with the team and other stakeholders to deliver quality software products that meet our customer’s requirements and needs.
- Help Product Owners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization.
- Document desk procedures and keep them current.
- Work to get signoff on the requirements from business.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a Data Management role including running queries and compiling data for analytics
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data design, data architecture and data modeling (both transactional and analytic)
- Experience in GCP Big query
- Exposure to other GCP tools like Big table, Pub-Sub, Cloud Data flow, Cloud Functions
- Ability to write complex SQL queries needed to query & analyze data
- Knowledge of data management standards, data governance practices and data quality
- Ability to communicate complex solution concepts in simple terms
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Exposure to Agile methodology