Work from Office
Data Engineer - Manager
As a Data Engineer you will
- Will be part of BIONICS ( Legacy PXO )team to work on Big Data components to work on data migration projects.
- Involved in data migration projects where he/she will be involved in core development, maintenance and daily support activities
- Participate in daily stand ups, iteration planning, product demos and retrospective meetings
- Review, analyze, and develop complex application architecture/design
- Eager to learn new tools and technologies and be able to work independently
What We Value
These skills will help you succeed in this role with MUST and NICE to have skills
- Hands-on (7+ yrs.) experience developing applications using Java, Python, Spark
- Hands-on (3+ yrs.) experience developing applications using Big Data components and other cloud platforms ( Azure / AWS ), Exposure DevOPS
- Experience on Query Languages like SQL, HIVE & IMPALA
- Strong Analytical, critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage deliverables
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or in related field
- 5+ yrs development experience in Java, Python, Spark, Big Data & Cloud platform Azure.
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
Job ID: R-736915